Question

Q: How to stop Auto Login in IE 11 Windows 8.1 Pro

How to stop automatic sign in (top right corner) in IE 11 under windows 8.1 Pro? I tried several threads earlier and checked "manage add-ons" with no solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Answer

A:

Hi LabibBasta,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

As I mentioned in my previous post If you are using Microsoft account to sign in to the computer and when you access any Microsoft websites such as outlook.com, msn.com even the Bing.com (search engine) it automatically uses the same credentials of signing in to the computer to any Microsoft website you visit.

This feature is by design which can not be disabled as Microsoft has made it integrated with Microsoft’s services  such as login to Windows store automatically by one click and so as to the other live application on windows 8 and Windows 8.1. 
Although, logging in with Microsoft Account is not mandatory in Windows 8, but it does provides various features and beauty of Windows 8 for users.

You can always use a local account to sign-in to your Windows 8 computer system – as you did in Windows 7 and the earlier versions of Windows. But, if you sign-in with your Microsoft account you can actually enjoy the impressive features of Windows 8.

Create a user account
Refer to: Create a Local account.
Hope this information helps, please reply with status of the issue for any further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 4,550 Last updated: June 8, 2018 Applies to: