How do I move the Command Bar in IE 11?

How do I move the Command Bar in IE 11?

OT:Command Bar

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2018 Views 4,572 Applies to:
Hi,

The Command bar is located at the upper-right side of the Internet Explorer window and offers easy access to almost any setting or feature in Internet Explorer. You can customize the Command bar buttons to suit your preferences. You will not be able to move the command bar.

a. Open Internet Explorer.
b. Right-click the Command bar, point to Customize, and then click Add or Remove Commands.
c. Make one or more of the following changes:

To add a button, click the button you want to add in the Available toolbar buttons list, and then click Add.

To remove a button, click the button you want to remove in the Current toolbar buttons list, and then click Remove.

To change the order in which buttons are displayed, click a button in the Current toolbar buttons list, and then click either Move Up or Move Down.

To restore the Command bar buttons to their default settings, click Reset.

d. When you're done, click Close.

You should see your changes immediately. If you've added a lot of buttons, you might need to resize the Command bar to see them all. See below for more information on resizing the Command bar.

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My Command bar is on the upper left side. I want to move it to the upper right side but I am unable to. How do you do it?

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

o  Does anybody read these questions later?  It's 112014 today, and I have the same problem (want to move command bar to  RIGHT side, after it spontaneously jumped to the left side).   

Yet both shown answers tell you it's on the right side already -- so neither answers the original question!

Has anyone found the correct answer? Would love to know - thanx!!

o Just to make my day, my laptop has started to go wiggly/scrolling now and then.  Have cleaned/cleared for viruses, etc. even did system restores, but it's still randomly popping up (W8.1, IE11).  Have to Restart, but worry this may be a big issue that needs a fix.  Any help on THIS funzie either?  SO frustrating!

Sasha

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sorry this didn't help.

Yet both shown answers tell you it's on the right side already -- so neither answers the original question!

Regardless of where it is you need to drag it to where you want it and you have to have something to move it against, such as your Favorites Bar.  It may also help to activate another toolbar which you don't intend to use to help with these movements.   E.g. another toolbar might give you a new line that you could drag the Command bar to.  Note that if you don't have enough room for it you will see chevrons to let you extend it vertically from there.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Sorry this didn't help.