• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Getting Error code " 404 with error message Whoops this page doesn't exist or can't be found" when accesing MSN

The SandS asked on

Original title: MSN Home Page "Whoops this page doesn't exist or can't be found"

I changed my modem (I found out Time Warner was charging a lease fee for their modem - not cool as modems are not expensive.) After changing to a new  modem and registering it with Time Warner I had trouble with the home page - it kept loading Error 404.  I finally got it to load MSN - but this is what I get:

You can click on any of the above links provided on that page and it will load and look right - it is just this main MSN page that says "Whoops!" 

I have deleted the cookies many times - changed the home page and tried changing it back, clicked on MSN.com from the search results page, but no matter what I do I keep getting the above page whenever I want to access "MSN.com."  I am running Windows 8.1 and really like the default MSN home page and would like to get it back.  Does anybody have anything I can try to get this page to load correctly again...

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
The SandS replied on

I ended up getting it to work by switching it to Canada (or pick any country you want) and then switching back.

The address is:

http://t.msn.com/?st=1

If I click to access MSN any other way (via search results, in an email, etc.) it will still not work and load the "Whoops" page.  The address that pulls it up wrong is:

http://t.msn.com/ap_index

Weird, but as long as I am back on track I am happy...

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress