Windows 8 fonts in metro ui and ie 10 blurry , unusable and worst experience

Is there a fix for fonts in the windows 8 . I got a asus vivotab smart10.1 windows 8 tablet 1366x768 native resolution. The fonts are using sub-pixel positioned grayscale which is hurting my eyes .

Is there a fix or registry entries to make metro ie 10 to use subpixel positioned cleartype or display ie 8 behaviour 

Question Info

Last updated August 28, 2018 Views 3,624 Applies to:

Hi Ashley Avileli,

Any changes made?

You may refer to this link which talk about the same issue you are facing.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/w8itprogeneral/thread/034ef255-40d5-41d5-9c58-841868326832

Good luck!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There seems to be no acknowledgement at all from Microsoft on this issue. I'm really surprised. It's immediately obvious to anyone upon execution of IE10 and Office 2013. 
The font rendering is blurry, yet third parties such as Chrome have no such problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

In order to attract Microsoft's attention, I've made a new post containing links to all previously posted threads about the same matter (blurriness - fuzziness  - bad font rendering in Windows 8).

If you would like to help, please click "Me too" for having the same problem on my post and/or other users' posts I've gathered all in one place. I have already clicked "Me too" on all posts that refer to the same matter.

Here is the link to my post:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/poor-font-rendering-in-windows-8-blurry-text/f52a2002-d748-485c-8b9c-4862806ea94a?page=1

Thanks,

John

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.