Video Green Screen

Every time I try to play a video...youtube, youtube app, vimeo, you name it a green screen comes up. I was recommended to follow these directions:

If you are using Internet Explorer, I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it works:

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Click the Tools button or press Alt key + X, and then click Internet Options.

c. Click the Advanced tab, and then browse to the Accelerated graphics section.

d. Click to select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.

e. Click Apply, and then click OK.

f. Close all open Internet Explorer window and then test the issue.

I did that and it still won't work.

I guess I can add this to the list of problems I have been having with Windows 8 (Flash not working, updates stopping at 13%).

Answer
Answer

Okay so I have been working on this for weeks and have fixed the problem for me with Windows 8.1.

This may not work for you but it may help. I purchased a new HP Notebook about 2 months ago with an AMD Graphics chip. I have tried absolutly everything to fix this issue and the GPU rendering does not work, period.

What we need in IE is to be able to turn Accelerated Graphics right off either by the old button when you used to right click on the video and turn it off or by a fix for Flash being built into IE with Win 8.1.

When I uninstalled the latest set of drivers for my Graphics Chip and tried to go back to the first set of drivers for this notebook it did work well for awhile. but it seams that over time the issue developes again ussually after surfing Videos for an extended period of time or playing a game like D3 and then hitting Facebook and having the green screen come back.

The only sure fire fix for me was to just uninstall the Catylist Drivers reboot and run the notebook with NO AMD Catylist drivers installed period. It works great and I havn't had the problem return. Games seam to play just fine and I have not had any issues with my comp since.

It seams to me that the fix for this would be easy... GIVE US BACK THE OLD SETTINGS BOX WHEN RIGHT CLICKING ON THE THE VIDEO BOX AND UNCLICKING THE ACCELERATED GRAPHICS BUTTON.

PROBLEM SOLVED..... GO FIGURE. IF IT AINT BROKE THEN DON'T FIX IT.

In Google chrome I can still just turn accelerated graphics off and everything works fine. It wasn't broke so google didn't break it just to "improve" it.

Okay so this is an addition for all the posts I have added to this group. Just a tally  of all the fixes I have physically worked with to solve this issue.

First things first. Read about IE fix for Win 8.1
If it doesn't work for you then see if you have AMD Quick Stream and if so then uninstall it and see if that works. If not then grab the Flash-player uninstaller and see if that helps. Lastly try just uninstalling Catalyst drivers. Do not do them together. Do each one separately and after trying one it should work at first but fail after a time. 
Uninstalling AMD Quick Stream is the only one that has worked and I have not had a green screen since .  What we need is Microsoft dev team spending five minutes with Adobe and adding the option to un-click hardware acceleration back into the Flash settings instead of the  option currently in the IE Advanced settings tab. It is junk the way it is now and there is no excuse for it. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Changing the video quality on youtube to a lower quality worked for me. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2021 Views 80,023 Applies to:

Related Forum