Question

Unable to view a WebPage in Internet Explorer 10. Error: bbc.co.uk is not responding due to a long running script.

Bigfoot49uk asked on

Original Title: IE10 - Long Running Script Error

When I go to one particular website it loads ok but then the page freezes and I get a notification that "bbc.co.uk is not responding due to a long running script" so I have to close Explorer and reopen it. I've disabled Script Debugging and turned off notifications but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

53 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Manasa Sirahatti replied on

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Here’s what you can try:

Method 1: Disable Script Debugging.

Perform this method if the issue occurs only in one website in Internet Explorer.

a. Open Internet Explorer 10 Desktop Version.

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt button to display the menus.
c. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error box, and then click OK.

Method 2: Check if you are able to access the webpage from another account, on another computer and on another browser.

Method 3: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer.

a. Start Internet Explorer 10 Desktop version.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt to display the menus.
c. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
d. Click Default Level.
e. Click OK.

Note: ActiveX controls and Java programs are turned off in the High security level in Internet Explorer.

Method 4: Delete Browsing History

Check if it is resolved after deleting the browsing history.

a. Start Internet Explorer 10 Desktop Version.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt to display the menus.
c. Click the General tab.
d. Under Browsing History, click Delete.
e. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click to select the following check boxes, and then click Delete:
Temporary Internet Files
Cookies
History
f. Click Close, and then click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Method 5: Install all the updates for Internet Explorer 10 in Windows Updates.

a.     Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

b.     Select System and Security in the Category View.

c.      Select Windows Update and click on Install if there are any updates available.

d.     Follow the prompted instructions.

Please get back to us with the results.

Regards,

Manasa Sirahatti
8 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress