Script Errors

I am getting script errors in IE, (Access Denied) but really it shouldn't matter what the error is, IE should have a way to HIDE them completely, and give you a default setting to either keep running the script or not, in my case it doesn't seem to make any difference, because of this error...but realistically it should always be set not to run the script any further if it's messed up.

Please fix this, no other script errors have ever appeared, but it seems the ones for access denied are ones that show regardless of my settings in IE if scripts are allowed at all, which I need them to be to browse the web properly.

Answer
Answer

Hi Michael,

Thank you for choosing Windows 8 and welcome to Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the description provided, it looks like you are getting errors when you try to access website in Internet Explorer.

1.     Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

2.     Are you facing this issue with all the websites?

Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing.

Method 1: Disable Script Debugging.

Perform this method if the issue occurs only in one website in Internet Explorer.

a. Open Internet Explorer 10 Desktop Version.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt button to display the menus.
c. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error box, and then click OK.

Method 2: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer.

a. Start Internet Explorer 10 Desktop version.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt to display the menus.
c. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
d. Click Default Level.
e. Click OK.

Note: ActiveX controls and Java programs are turned off in the High security level in Internet Explorer.

Method 3: Install all the updates for Internet Explorer 10 in Windows Updates.

a. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Select System and Security in the Category View.

c. Select Windows Update and click on Install if there are any updates available.

d. Follow the prompted instructions.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with the results.

If you have any further questions about Windows, please get back to us. We are glad to help.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2020 Views 12,333 Applies to:

Related Forums