My customized msn homepage won't show when I open IE

I have a customized My Msn homepage.  It is set in Internet Options and I stay signed in.  Yet everytime I open Internet Explorer (desktop AND tile version)

I have to click sign in for the customized version to show.  I don't have to sign in but I have to click the 'sign in' link for the page to pop on.  This is pretty annoying.  Is there a fix for this?

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2018 Views 8,570 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Mary L59

Glad to know that you posted on Windows 8 community.

Could you please answer the following questions so that we will guide you in a better manner.

1. Which website was set as the homepage?
2. What did you install prior to the issue?

Here are few methods which I want you to try to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Reset Internet Explorer's settings to see if you are able to resolve the issue.

a) Press ‘Windows + W’ on the keyboard.
b) Type ‘Internet Options’ and press enter.
c) Click on the ‘Advanced tab’ and click on ‘Reset’ and click ‘OK’.

Note: Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords

Method 2:

Follow these steps to keep MSN as the default homepage in Internet Explorer 10 and check if that helps.

a) Open desktop version of Internet Explorer.
b) Login to the website which you want to set it as the homepage.
c) Click on 'Tools' and select 'Internet Options'.
d) Click on ‘General’ tab and under ‘Homepage’
e) Click on ‘Use current’, click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘Ok’.

Hope the above information helps .Please get back to us if you have further queries regarding Windows 8.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I have already done all this but I did it again.  Still the same.  My homepage is and always has been mymsn.com and I stayed signed in.  Since I upgraded to windows 8,  when I open internet explorer, it goes to mymsn, but not the customized version and in the corner its telling me to sign in. I am already signed in but I still have to click the sign in link and then my page pops up.  I wouldn't mind the new windows 8 msn page but I can't customize the content.  I don 't want to see sports and stocks etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the EXACT same issue since upgrading my laptop and my Desktop to Windows 8!

After trying the steps above without any luck, I was able to fix it on the laptop, by deleting all of the cookies, changing the homepage to something else and then back to http://my.msn.com/

However, no such luck on my Desktop PC, I still have to click the 'sign in' link for the page to pop up. I agree with Mary, this is pretty annoying and needs to be addressed.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you're having the problem Achim but I am happy I'm not the only one. lol. It IS annoying. I tried to like the new msn 8 homepage and in many ways I do but I can't customize it.  I don't want to see sports, finance, etc.  That's why I use my msn. I have what I want to see on it.  Even my local news! They did send me an email saying that they are upgrading everyone to the mymsn 10.  I have been hearing this for a while now and I have yet to see it.  I love my windows products, and even my windows phone but they are making it difficult when they don't fix things or even reply.

Mary

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I have the same problem on my desktop but only since msn upgraded or rather downgraded to outlook. But only where windows 8 is loaded. I have no Hotmail and My Page for MSN does not work. My laptop has windows 7 and it works fine on that.

I am so sorry I put windows 8 on my desktop. I wouldn't recommend 8 to anyone!!! Every time I try to add a new app I end up getting 4-5 additional apps that I never wanted. Windows 8 sucks big time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem on my desktop but only since msn upgraded or rather downgraded to outlook. But only where windows 8 is loaded. I have no Hotmail and My Page for MSN does not work. My laptop has windows 7 and it works fine on that.

I am so sorry I put windows 8 on my desktop. I wouldn't recommend 8 to anyone!!! Every time I try to add a new app I end up getting 4-5 additional apps that I never wanted. Windows 8 sucks big time.

I have the same problems keeping my msn as my home page.  To boot everytime I sign in to save my settings, they aren't there and when I sign out I get the Make MY MSN Your Homepage Pop Up.  It's a vicious cycle.  Working with the suggestions on this page, I haven't solved the problem yet.  As for Windows 8, I bought a notebook with Windows 8 and there really is no polite word for how bad it is.  
Arna V. Shaffer

Sorry this didn't help.

No this is still not resolved.  If I want my customized 'MYMSN' homepage I have to click sign in every time. Very annoying.  I have to say though I love Windows 8 for many reasons, BUT they have many little bugs to fix and tweak.  Maybe in the Windows Blue. We'll see.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have almost the same problem only worse. on my new windows 8 laptop. I set my homepage to the same my.msn page I've used since windows xp. Instead I get the "editors choice" my msn page. I'm signed in but, it says click to sign in.  I click and NOTHING happens. There is no place to sign in, the page doesn't change.    I still get my msn home page when i log on with my old windows 7 notebook. I'm wrote this with that pc.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't had the msn blank page as much since I got IE 10 off my computer and reinstalled IE9  If I don't get my MY MSN homepage when open IE, I get the IE homepage and have to go through the "Make MY MSN Your Home Page" drill.  It's a perpetual game of, "Geez, which homepage will I get this time?" 
Arna V. Shaffer

Sorry this didn't help.

I may as well jump on the Band wagon!  It made my heart sink when I saw how many months this problem has existed and still NO FIX!  I'm hoping everytime I go to MyMsn homepage that I will see my customized page, but alas, all I get is the editor's page and have to click the sign in tab, (even though I am already signed into MSN:(.... ) Hmmmmph!

Sorry this didn't help.