internet explorer 10 scroll bar problem

I have a brand new Lenovo Twist which I received late January 2013. Its running windows 8.

The vertical scrollbar on IE10 does not respond at all the mouse on any web site. This happens on any page (it doesn't just have to be on a page with frames).  Its even happening on this forum site.  The weird thing is I can scroll with my fingers but not with the mouse.

The scroll bar doesn't respond to dragging the thumb bar, clicking outside the thumb bar (page up and down) or clicking on the arrows.

This is incredibly annoying and has rendered the browser unusable for me as I don't want to have to keep touching the screen every time I need to scroll.  I have had no choice but to resort to using another browser in the meantime.

If anyone can help I would really be appreciative.

Thanks

GeorgeB

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Mouse>Device Settings

you will find there settings for your touchpad (mouse device)

there are quite a few options.... depending on the manufacturer and the installed device drivers.

there may be one there for scrollbars... on my 'puter scrolling from the touchpad can be configured.... this is done by moving a finger on the rhs or bottom of the touchpad.

for hardware related issues you should consult the manufacturers website (usually they have support call centers). Your 'puter will still be under warranty.

Regards.

Rob^_^ wang'you

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 14,079 Applies to:

Related Forum