Internet Explorer 10 has stopped working

Original Title: IE not working

I have windows 8 installed and my internet explorer(desktop version) not working. It shows the error as website restore error and explorer stopped working  please help me..

Answer
Answer

Hi Susrabh,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely try and help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1.       Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?

2.       Are you aware of any recent software or hardware changes on the computer?

I would suggest you to run “Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

You may follow the steps and check if it helps.

a.       Press “Windows key + W”.

b.      Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

c.       Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d.      Select “Internet Explorer performance”.

e.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

You may also disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Open Internet Explorer 10 in no-add-ons mode and check if you’re able to load the websites.
a) Press the ‘Windows+R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the Run window type ‘iexplore –extoff’ and click ‘OK’.
c) Now try to open the websites to check if you’re able to load the websites.

If the issue persists, you may follow these steps and check if they help.

a. Press "Windows +R" type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl
b. The Internet Options dialog box appears.

c. Click the Advanced tab.

d. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

e. Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

f. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

g. Start Internet Explorer again.

Internet Explorer Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future regarding Windows. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2018 Views 12,608 Applies to:

Related Forums