Question

Q: I need a compatible driver for my Lexmark 3500-4500 multifunctional printer. Lexmark will not upgrade the driver,what can I do? This thread is locked from future replies

I have a new computer with windows 8 and it is not compatible with my Lexmark 3500-4500 series printer and Lexmark is not going to upgrade the driver. So I need a compatible driver. Do you have any solutions?  

I have a new computer with windows 8 and it is not compatible with my Lexmark 3500-4500 series printer and Lexmark is not going to upgrade the driver. So I need a compatible driver. Do you have any solutions?  
Purchase a newer device.  You may be able to get things to work in some compatibility mode or by installing in some compatibility mode or by using some other devices driver or by trusting some third party device driver - but in the end - your best solution is actually to get a device that is supported by their manufacturer under the operating system you have chosen to run.
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

There is a LEXMARK Universal Printer Driver (October 2012) that is supposed to work with all of their printers.  Might give it a try.  It is compatible with Windows 8.

http://www1.lexmark.com/en_US/software/upd/upd-download.shtml 

There is a known problem with installing the driver, so note this LEXMARK memo below.....

"Installer CONTINUE button remains disabled if USB cable is connected to the printer prior to running install"

FIX: "Exit the installer, disconnect the USB cable, and then restart the installer process"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 2,753 Last updated: March 21, 2018 Applies to: