Question

Q: what is SPFS. ContextMenu? This thread is locked from future replies

It just started showing up in the menus!

Hi Marv,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community. As per the description SPFS Context Menu shows up in the menu.

·         When exactly are you getting this message?

I will help you with this issue. If you’ve installed Consumer Preview of Office 2013 you might have came across grayed out SkyDrive Pro option on the right-click menu of selected Folder. This option is intended for business users but tied to Home Premium Preview of Office 365, it is part of both SharePoint service in Office 365 and server. SkyDrive Pro installed allows to sync contents from SkyDrive Pro to the Computer.

I would suggest you to follow these steps to remove SkyDrive Pro entry from Context Menu in Windows 7:

a)    Click Start, run type regedit and press enter.

b)    Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFileSystemObjects\shell\SPFS.Context menu.

c)    Right-click on it (left pane) and select Delete option to remove this key and all its sub keys.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

ty it worked for me

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,251 Last updated: February 2, 2018 Applies to: