Internal Error: Internet Explorer Unable to Print This Document -- IE 10 and IE 11

<Moved -- again -- to IE 10 forum by Moderator.  Please do NOT move back to Windows 7 Hardware forum.  Title changed by Moderator (was "Canon Pixma MG2220 won't work with IE 10 or 11")>

<Please seeOP's August 17 post for details>

I don't know why, but this printer will not work with IE10 or IE11 not sure cuz the printer is an older model or

what not.......it only seems to work with IE9........can anyone help me resolve this or know if this printer is compatible

with Windows 7 *** IE 10 or 11*** and how to fix this problem.

When i upgraded to IE11 and try to *print* a page, the page comes out blank and there is not printer icon

showing.

Any help would be great!!

thanks!!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you can print from other applications (e.g., Word, Notepad, Paint, Adobe Reader, etc.), the problem is not with the printer but with your IE installation.

You can see if following methods help --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479 but in the past others with a similar problem have not all been successful.

On the assumption that you CAN print from other applications, I'm moving your question to the IE forum.  If you CAN'T print from any application, say so and I'll ask to have it moved back to the Windows 7 Drivers forum where you initially asked it.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi, thank you for responding.

Yes, I CAN print from Word, etc.....but not from IE11.............

any help now would be great!!

540 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

When i upgraded to IE11 and try to *print* a page, the page comes out blank and there is not printer icon showing.

Try printing to a virtual printer, XPS Document Writer.  Is that blank too?  If not see if you can print the resulting .xps file.

Related Content:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/printing-problems-with-internet-explorer-11/592802d4-d717-418c-8975-2a04d0396622

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for the response......

how do I do this "virtual printing"????

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll jump back in briefly.

Go to Devices and Printers and see if you have something named "Microsoft XPS Document Writer."  You also can add the "CutePDF Writer" shown in the image by going here (this is free and, I think, a very handy utility) --> http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

When you want to print, start the Print dialog as usual and select either of these "printers" from the list of printers.  When you click the "Print" button, you'll be prompted for a file name and location to save the output.  The output from CutePDF Writer is a pdf file and the output from the MS XPS Document Writer is an xps file.

You can then open the file using the appropriate viewer (e.g., Adobe Reader or XPS Viewer (included in Windows 7)) and -- hopefully -- print the document from that application to your real printer.

For more about the XPS Viewer and Writer, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/xps

IMO, using either of these virtual printers is an unsatisfactory work-around.  I hope some of the IE experts here can help you fix the real problem.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

hi, thanks for the response....

and help w/ virtual printing.........

when I try to *print*............absolutely nothing shows, NO print preview, nothing....so I can't

print from the virtual printer..........didn't think this would be such an issue, so if anyone

can chime in for some more help ????? thanks!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

hi, thanks for the response....

and help w/ virtual printing.........

when I try to *print*............absolutely nothing shows, NO print preview, nothing....so I can't

print from the virtual printer..........didn't think this would be such an issue, so if anyone

can chime in for some more help ????? thanks!!!

If I understand you correctly, the problem isn't with your printer but with IE 10 / IE 11.

What exactly happens when you are in IE 10 or IE 11 and click File > Print or press CTRL+P?

Some other Moderator incorrectly moved this back from the IE forum.  Please answer the question so we can get your issue to a place where you're likely to get help.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

when I am on IE9, and hit print, the print preview page works and the printer works...

when i switch over to IE11, when I hit print preview, the page comes up all white (looks like a blank white

page)....................and I have a message saying *there was an internal error, and INTERNET EXPLORER is unable to print this document*

not sure how or why this is coming up, but it does come up when I have the XPS document writer as default printer **and** when i switch to my regular printer, this same message comes up.......

thanks!!!

19 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Camunki,

According to Microsoft, the error message reading "There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document" is primarily caused by  printer drivers. I suggest you to install the latest driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Since the issue still persists I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by Praseetha K Nair on March 21, 2013 and Bennet Martin on November 5, 2012 and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/unable-to-print-georgia-tax-forms-using-internet/97fca435-9c41-4b4a-af1e-1f430465ccf0

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/unable-to-print-from-internet-explorer-10/b86ef8f2-76b9-4702-a86c-3dac75ccbe11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the link and check.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479/en-us

Note: Applies to Internet Explorer 10.

Please post back the results and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you, i am talking with Canon now re: the printer, still doesn't work even with the latest

drive........i tend to think this is an older printer and is just not compatible.........still working

with Canon on this one & thank you for all of your help!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2020 Views 70,305 Applies to:

Related Forums