I get a script error while using Internet Explorer.

Original title : script error 

I'm using Internet explorer 10 with Windows 7 OS. My ISP is Sprint and I can only get 3g. For about the last week I get a script error almost every time I pull up a new web page, also when I'm booting up. This is the error message that I get> line 15, "bmi_load" is undefined. char. 1, code 0, http://toolbar.yahoo.com/bh/v8/search/rsa/?.intl=us&novert. and then it asks "do you want to keep running scripts on this page?" When I searched this URL, this seems to be a fairly common problem but the only solution is for Fire Fox not anything on IE 10.  I'm not very tech savy but it seems to be some sort of JavaScript that has been inserted by Sprint to use compressed files to save broadband space and use less data download. I uninstalled Java 7 ver. 1.7.0_17 and then reinstalled it. That didn't change anything, I continue to get the script error messages. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you do I certainly would appreciate it if you would share them with me. Please "dumb it down" so I will be able to understand it. Thanks. Mike 

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 5,336 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Clark,

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Community.

I would have you refer the article-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Applies to Internet Explorer 10 as well.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.