Can't uninstall I.E. 10! Not listed in Uninstall Program! ANSWERED ELSEWHERE! Thanks!

I need to uninstall I.E 10 from my Windows 7 (64-bit) computer so I can reinstall I.E. 9. I've too many issues with IE10, mostly, I can't log in to most sites I need to log into. Problem is: I can't. There is no entry for Internet Explorer 10 or any version in the uninstall programs list. I've also got a 3rd party uninstaller and it does not show it either. Any real help is appreciated. I would really like this off my computer. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated August 6, 2018 Views 25,121 Applies to:
Answer

You do NOT have to reinstall IE9.

Once IE10 is uninstalled, the system will revert itself back to IE9...... automatically.

Please pay attention to the bold words in this uninstall instructions :

How to uninstall IE10 :

Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to Microsoft Windows heading to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall.

Restart computer.

You will be back with IE9.

t-4-2

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I have my Update settings as recommended, which is to install automatically. I didn't change it because it currently shows I.E. 10 as "optional update." My question then is: Will it remain as optional or will it install automatically anyway?

As far as I know, IE10 is no longer an "optional".

It has been elevated to " important " update.

t-4-2

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.