Allowing Active X controls to be installed in IE 10?

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional.  

My Pace iloK software wants me to allow the installation of an active X control.

In previous versions of Internet Explorer the user would get a prompt message at the top of the screen asking if you wanted to 'allow' the installation of the Active X control or not.  This doesn't seem to be happening in Internet Explorer 10.  I don't see any messages.

How can I see what Active X controls are allowed and how can I manually enable the one that's needed? 

But in principle how are such  requests for active X controls to be installed,  handled by IE 10 - the user doesn't appear to see any messaging?

I need to be able to install the ilok software - so I can then download and activate some software that I have bought.

I am concerned that if I don't resolve the problem soon the time for the download might expire.

If I could emulate Internet Explorer 8 it might work but I am reluctant now to take IE 10 off and reinstall 8, then remove 8 and reinstall 10.

The software that I'm trying to install is the driver and client software on the right hand side of this page:

http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

The message I get from their installation program is: 'The active X component that talks to your ilok was not initialized'.

I have tried rebooting the PC and reinstalling both the driver and the client software but the problem persists.

I am also following this up with Pace to find out exactly which active X control is required (the name isn't given in their error message)!

Any ideas on how I can check if IE10 has let an active X component load?

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 3,454 Applies to:
Answer

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right and point at Safety and see if Active x filtering is checked,

Also notice if the Blue circle with a slash through it is appearing,

Right click to Disable,

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.