Why does IE10 state "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" when I try to open it?

Every time I try to open IE10 I get a window stating "This Page Cannot Be Displayed".  How do I get it to open properly?

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 23,565 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

1.        Are you receiving the same error code on Metro view and Desktop view of Internet Explorer?

2.        Have you able to access other websites?

3.        Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1: You might try changing your homepage and check.

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Click on Tools, clicking Internet Options.

c. Click on the General tab.

d. In the Add or Change Home Page dialog box, do one of the following:

• To make the current webpage your only home page, click Use this webpage as your only home page.
  • To start a home page tab set or to add the current webpage to your set of home page tabs, click Add this webpage to your home page tabs.
  • To replace your existing home page or home page tab set with the webpages you currently have open, click Use the current tab set as your home page. This option will only be available if you have more than one tab open in Internet Explorer.
  1. Click Yes to save your changes.

Method 2: If that does not help, you may try clearing the cache. The cache is information stored from your surfing activity.  

b. Click on Tools, clicking Internet Options.

c. Click on the General tab.

d. Click  Delete next to Browsing history.

e. Now, check the issue.

Method 3: If none of the above methods work, I would suggest you to reset internet explorer settings to its default settings:

b. Click the Tools button or press Alt key + X, and then click Internet Options.

c. Under Advanced tab, click on Reset.

d. Check the Delete personal settings box.

e. Click on Reset and then Close.

f. Close all open Internet explorer windows and re-open it.

g. Test the issue.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.