The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.

Hello, Has anyone ever found a fix for this error in event viewer?

"The following fatal alert was generated: 10". The internal error state is 10. I have been receiveing this error in the past three weeks by the hundreds. It seems like I start getting the error after I log in to a web site. I can visit as many sites as I want without the error as long as I don't log in. As soon as I log in to a site event viewer starts loding the error. I have spent the last couple of weeks looking on the net and here for a fix. I have read a very large amount of post (all of them) about this error but have found no fix. Most post are old so I am asking if a fix has been found. I have tried all the work arounds on the net (none being a fix) and the error is still there. Also tried system restore. Windows 7 sp1, IE 11, MSE, all updates current, have done nothing new. I have tried all post on this site. below is a copy of what I am getting after cleared adminirative view then log on to ebay. Error 11/29/2015 6:14:57 AM Schannel 36888 None
Error 11/29/2015 6:14:57 AM Schannel 36888 None
Error 11/29/2015 6:03:41 AM Schannel 36888 None
Error 11/29/2015 6:03:41 AM Schannel 36888 None
Error 11/29/2015 6:03:39 AM Schannel 36888 None
Error 11/29/2015 6:03:39 AM Schannel 36888 None

Log Name:      System
Source:        Schannel
Date:          11/29/2015 6:03:41 AM
Event ID:      36888
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:     
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      jerrys-PC
Description:
The following fatal alert was generated: 43. The internal error state is 252.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}" />
    <EventID>36888</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-29T11:03:41.281400000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>152531</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="588" ThreadID="636" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>jerrys-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="AlertDesc">43</Data>
    <Data Name="ErrorState">252</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

anyone, thanks jerry

|
No one?    well I guess since no one has had a fix in the past 7 years there just isn't one. I will try useing another browser. I belive its IE related anyway. Plus IE 11 wont stay running. Thanks alot people.  jerry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate your efforts towards trying to resolve the issue. Please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have  performed.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would suggest you to simply disable SCHANNEL logging.In the search run box type regedit and navigate to the following key:

1. Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.

2. Type Regedit in the run window

3. Follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL

4. Change the EventLogging value from 1 to 0.

For your information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260729

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Isha Soni if I read you right a support engineer wants me to just close my eyes to the fact that there is an issue here that needs "fixed".  To disable the error so not to be seen is just like your car low oil light is on and you just take the bulb out so it does not shine. This is not a fix. This would be kinda s...well you know. What you have gave me is not what I want. I am looking for a fix to the issue. I hope this is not what other people are doing. If it is I don't have much faith in this forum. What is really bad is that I know nothing about these things and receive this kind of responce from a "support engineer".   I think I need to retract my question......... jerry

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2019 Views 3,816 Applies to:

Related Forum