Internet Explorer Updated to Version 11 by Windows Update - Can't Use Shock Wave Now

Hi. I have Windows 7 and just had an automatic Windows update to IE 11.0.9 yesterday to IE.  Now I have problems with Shock.  I go to this news website and for every video it tells me that I need Adobe Shock Wave, but I do. I tried all the troubleshooting for Shock on your website but nothing works.  http://www.cbc.ca/news I did try re-installing Shock but it did not solve the problem even though it congratulates me saying my new Shock works.  I have a copy of Chrome and tried the same web page and the videos work.  I’ve thought of uninstalling the Windows update, but not fussy about that.

Ah ha!  I found some information from the website that I noted in my opening question. I am on Windows 7 but believe this is the answer to my problem.  Announcement below.

"Microsoft recently updated Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 11 to include a bundled version of Flash in the browser.

This has caused issues on multiple sites, including ours, whereby the user is prompted to download Flash, even though they already have it.

Please be advised that this is not a problem with the video delivery platform, but Microsoft code (IE 11). Microsoft is working on a patch to fix this problem.

In the meantime, the best workaround is to use a different browser."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ah ha!  I found some information from the website that I noted in my opening question. I am on Windows 7 but believe this is the answer to my problem.  Announcement below.

"Microsoft recently updated Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 11 to include a bundled version of Flash in the browser.

This has caused issues on multiple sites, including ours, whereby the user is prompted to download Flash, even though they already have it.

Please be advised that this is not a problem with the video delivery platform, but Microsoft code (IE 11). Microsoft is working on a patch to fix this problem.

In the meantime, the best workaround is to use a different browser."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2018 Views 1,835 Applies to:

Related Forums