How do you increase the font size or address bar size in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

Original title: Address Bar Font size

In Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 10, how do you increase font size or address bar size?

Hi Robert,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Please be informed that you can enlarge the menu options for Internet Explorer. But, it would change the view for the menu options for other Windows files and settings as well.

Let's try the steps below and check.

Step 1: 

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. From the menu bar, click on the “View” menu.
3. Point to “Text Size”, choose the size as per requirement and check if it viewable.

Step 2:

A.   Launch Internet Explorer.

B.   Click on the “Tools” menu from the menu bar, then select “Internet Options”.

C.   The “Internet Options” window will then pop up, click on the “Accessibility” button located at bottom right corner.

D.   In the “Accessibility” window, you can choose to:

a.    Ignore colors specified on Web pages.

b.    Ignore font styles specified on Web pages.

c.    Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages.

E.    For example if you want to ignore the setting of font size of web pages, simply check the box of “Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages”.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps. This article consists of steps change font size and style for reading in Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-font-style-and-size-in-microsoft-edge

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Robert,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Please be informed that you can enlarge the menu options for Internet Explorer. But, it would change the view for the menu options for other Windows files and settings as well.

Let's try the steps below and check.

Step 1: 

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. From the menu bar, click on the “View” menu.
3. Point to “Text Size”, choose the size as per requirement and check if it viewable.

Step 2:

A.   Launch Internet Explorer.

B.   Click on the “Tools” menu from the menu bar, then select “Internet Options”.

C.   The “Internet Options” window will then pop up, click on the “Accessibility” button located at bottom right corner.

D.   In the “Accessibility” window, you can choose to:

a.    Ignore colors specified on Web pages.

b.    Ignore font styles specified on Web pages.

c.    Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages.

E.    For example if you want to ignore the setting of font size of web pages, simply check the box of “Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages”.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps. This article consists of steps change font size and style for reading in Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-font-style-and-size-in-microsoft-edge

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

THE REAL QUESTION: 

How do you increase the font size or address bar size in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

Your answer does not apply

A SMART MAN CAN FIND MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SPELL A WORD.

Sorry this didn't help.

this setting does fix it!

https://lew999999.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/change-ie-internet-explorer-address-bar-text-font-larger-and-bigger/

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

change the text size of ICONS

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2020 Views 5,319 Applies to:

Related Forums