how do I take screenshot and put it in an email?

I need to send a "picture" of what is appearing on a website to their tech support people. They are asking for a screenshot of the problem that I am experiencing. How do I do that. I tried to highlight the page and copy and paste it into an e-mail, but it did not really work. I have seen people send me these 'pictures' of the display on their computer screen. How do I do it?

Thanks,

Ernie

Answer
Answer
Open the start menu and type "Snipping tool" without quotes. Press enter. Your screen will be overlayed with white and yoru mouse will turn to a cross. Drag and highlight the section of the screen you want to take a screenshot of. A window with the picture you just made will show up. Choose File>save and save in any format except BMP.

Another method is to press PrintScreen on your keyboard. PrintScreen will place a screenshot of your entire screen on your clipboard. Alternatively, use ALT+PrintScreen to take a screenshot of just the active window. So for example, click on the Internet Explorer window and press ALT+PrintScreen. Now you'll just have a screenshot of IE instead of your entire screen.
Once you have the picture on your clipboard, open Paint, paste the picture in and save it and send it.
"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"

79 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2020 Views 50,785 Applies to:

Related Forums