Getting "Page cannot be displayed" quite frequently

Hello guys,

I am getting this problem with Internet Explorer where in the middle of a session I click on a link on any page and a "Page cannot be displayed" error knowing that my laptop is connected to the internet and the proof is that the iTunes Store and online video games can still work. The problem used to happen occasionally and now it is happening quite frequently. Most of the add-ons I use are essential on Internet Explorer 11 and I use a Windows 7 computer. Thanks in advance to whoever tries to help me.

Edit:

Here is an example knowing that I was streaming some music on iTunes Radio. Really frustrating

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 918 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello sir

Have you turn off your security software...

you are using wired or wireless connection

If you’re using a laptop, make sure that the network adapter switch on your laptop is turned on. Many laptops have a physical switch somewhere on the top, front, or side of the laptop that turns the network adapter on or off. There's usually an indicator light on the laptop that shows if the wireless network adapter is enabled.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

getting this problem with Internet Explorer where in the middle of a session I click on a link on any page and a "Page cannot be displayed" error

How are things today?  Yesterday and the day before were really bad for me with DNS problems like this.  Something was happening but I don't know what it was.

Sorry this didn't help.

I type of security I use is Microsoft Security Essentials and I think that such a type of security won't interfere with Internet Explorer 11.

I'm using a wireless connection, my network adapter is enabled and I can flawlessly browse the internet on other type of web browsers and I can open the iTunes Store from iTunes, stream music through iTunes Radio and play online video games.

Sorry this didn't help.

the things today are same as yesterday and even worse: refreshing the page won't work, you'll have to close the "Page cannot be displayed" tab and open another tab.

Sorry this didn't help.

refreshing the page won't work

True.  What you must do then is use the troubleshooter (e.g. wait for it to tell you it couldn't see anything wrong) and then wait for its automatic Refresh .  Link at the bottom of the error page.  Otherwise you are quite correct Refresh (e.g. F5) will do absolutely nothing but refresh the error message you were reading.  I'm not sure what Ctrl-k will do in that case.  E.g. does it retry the URL that you want or does it equally uselessly reshow you the same error page (i.e., without actually retrying the thing it is reporting on)?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the problem again then I clicked on "fix connection problems" and this happened after the troubleshooter was done:

I waited for the page's automatic refresh and it refreshed normally and I continued working. Does that mean that the problem is fixed?

Sorry this didn't help.

I waited for the page's automatic refresh and it refreshed normally and I continued working. Does that mean that the problem is fixed?

For now.   Don't be surprised if you have to do it again.  It's not adaptive and there are no tweaks that we can do to try to improve things.  If your environment doesn't fit in the default settings you will see odd symptoms accordingly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Format your machine. Install Windows 7 or 8. No adds on or virus checker software other then ie and windows. Try and let me know.

If you don't believe that then click another link that displays.

Daniel

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the problem again then I clicked on "fix connection problems" and this happened after the troubleshooter was done:

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for the information and apologizes for the delayed response.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below in the Microsoft article and check if it works fine:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11-win-7

NOTE: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

I restarted my computer after the reset and nothing really happened, the problem is still occurring even in the no add-ons Internet Explorer mode.

I think I should start looking for an alternative web browser, I tried Google Chrome but it consumes every piece of memory on this computer.

Sorry this didn't help.