substitution for silverlight and adobe flash player and adobe air

I really would appreciate what the best option is to replace Silverlight (Microsoft .NET platform) and Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air (Adobe flash platform I believe?) for the most coverage for multi media on and off a web browser and most importantly for safety (reduced as much as possible to hacking or to possibly eliminate it ?). I am aware that Silverlight, as far as I know, is not supported on my newest version of Microsoft Edge and also not supported in my version of Firefox.  And as far as Adobe flash player (not sure of Abode Air perhaps lessor so) is  susceptible  to intrusion by hackers.) Also Adobe flash, (and Adobe Air?) as best as I can tell,  will be eliminated on these browsers as well or at least will not be supported but I do think that they will not even work after December of 2020.

So to sum up please help me to decide what replacements I can download that will take care of the former safety issues (in the Adobe series of application) and to allow me to have the best experience in viewing multimedia applications on the Web (Flash Player and off the web on my desktop (Adobe Air) and also to replace Silverlight; however I do not believe Silverlight had any safety issues associated with it?

I believe I read (about HTML5?) or something akin to this as an alternative and if so would it be suitable for both Adobe Flash Player/Adobe Air as well as with Silverlight?

Just another question:  Was Silverlight designed for the end user to view multimedia on the Web as well as off the Web (on the desktop) as Adobe Flash Platform as you know had the two applications for this or was Silverlight designed for just one of these scenarios and if so what was the end user to do to accomplish the other scenario?  Hope this is all clear to the reader?

Sincerely,

Bob

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2022 Views 2,638 Applies to: