How to edit Team description in Microsoft Teams?

I am new to Microsoft Teams app. I created a team yesterday. I saw typo error in the team description seen under the Team heading (team name) when reviewed it and wanted to edit the description. But I could not edit the team description though I could edit the Team name and icon. Can anybody suggest me how?
|
Answer
Answer

Hi RPK_30,

Thank you for the posting in our forum community.

Regarding your description, may I please confirm that whether you have created class teams, PLC team, Staff team / other team on Microsoft Teams for Education?

If we have created Class teams / PLC team / Staff team with description, we can edit this description thing from Office 365 Teams Admin Center under Manage teams option. 

Note: For this thing, if the user has permission to access Office 365 Admin Center, then kindly go to Office 365 Admin Center > Select  Teams” option under from Office 365 Admin Center > Under Team Admin Center > Select Teams > Click on Manage teams > select the team > Click on Edit option > edit description.

Here is the example screenshot:

On the other hand, if the user has not permission to access Office 365 Admin Center, then the user need to contact to their Office 365 Admin for this such kind of activities.

I’m truly appreciating your cooperation in our forum community.

Regards,

Darpan
----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 21, 2021 Views 11,492 Applies to: