I can't see my friends' profile picture in Teams

Dear Microsoft Community,

I started to use Microsoft Teams a few days ago. First, I changed my profile picture. 2 days later, my friends sign in to Office 365 and Teams. I see that no one set their profile picture like me. But when they text me, I don't reply immediately, I open the Outlook because it sent me a notification about the messages, and then I saw their profile picture. I go back to Teams (both application and website) and reload/reset it many times but it still their, no profile picture. I started to think what happened.

I don't know what happened and how can I see my friends' profile picture. I think that Teams does not synchronize to all the applications of Microsoft Office 365. Please help me! 

Thank you

Answer
Answer

Hi LUONG NGOC TU ANH

From your description, we suggest you first can clear the cache of Teams to check if it is workable. Kindly refer to the steps to clear:

1. Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.
2. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
3. Once in the directory, you’ll see a few of the following folders:
a. From within ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
b. From within ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
c. From within ‘Cache’, delete all files.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache
d. From within ‘databases’, delete all files.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases
e. From within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache
f. From within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB
g. From within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
h. Lastly, from within ‘tmp’, delete any file.
   *   %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp

Besides, if you use Windows OS, please log out your account and delete your credential about Teams from your pc, then log in Teams to check the result. You can manage your credentials in Credential Manager. (Note: please back up your important information before clearing the cache and credential)

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Joey

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 10,807 Applies to: