Microsoft Teams Live Event Attendee List

I'm new to Microsoft Teams and will be using the Live Event feature soon for a training session. I tested it with a colleague today. He could hear me and see the window I shared, but I couldn't see his name in the participant's list. I had no way of knowing that someone was watching/listening. I know you can download a report when the event is over but is there a way to see who joins during the event? I'd like to have a sense of who, if anyone, is attending. I plan to share the meeting link with my organization by email. I'm not individually inviting attendees.

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2019 Views 116 Applies to:

Hello evemwalker,

From my test, I set up one live event and added one attendee in live invite, after live started this attendee could be seen in participant list; if I manually added other participants after live started, these participants could also be seen in participant list:

May I confirm  if this colleague attended the live before live started? When issue occurs, please re-add him manually to see if his name would appear in participant list.

Besides, to better know your situation and perform further tests, could you please share more details about how this live event was set up (in Teams meetings tab)? Is it a public live event, org-wide event or private event?

Best Regards,

Anna

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello evemwalker,

We haven't heard back from you. If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Anna

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good morning Anna,

When we tried it, we tried it as private, org-wide, and public and had the same results each time. I did not manually add my colleague. I emailed him the link to the live event and he joined. I do not know if he joined before or after I went live. When I do the event in a couple of weeks, I won't be able to manually add participants as there are 100s.

Thanks,

Eve

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Eve,

Sorry for not replying you promptly. I further tested it on my side and found that if we share the live link to other people, they can join in the live but can only view it, they will not appear in participant list, here's what they will see when in live event:

If we invite them when setting up the live event, they can join the live and will appear in participant list, they can also add other participants:

If that match your current situation, I’m afraid it might be a normal behavior and can’t modified. I’m sorry for that may not the answer you wanted and am totally understand the inconvenience especially when need to manually add 100+ attendees only to let them show up in list. I’d suggest you submit a feedback at Teams UserVoice to let our related team know your requirements. We sincerely appreciate your time and understanding. Besides, you may create a team group in Teams for these attendees, let them join your team, then you can schedule meeting directly in this group, all group members joining the meeting will show up in participant list.

Best Regards,

Anna

Sorry this didn't help.