Microsoft Teams iPhone 5c incompatible

hi Microsoft,

i have been having issues with installing or even accessing Microsoft Teams.

i have been invited to Teams for a project i am part of.

my laptop is too outdated so both of my browsers (Safari and Chrome) are not able to open it. The App can not be opened either.

my phone has what looks like a valid iOs - 10.3.3 yet when i try to download the app through the App Store it says the device in not compatible. and then i see in the list of compatible devices, iPhone 5c is missing.

i tried logging in through Safari on my phone but i get a screen "We're sorry - we've run into an issue".

is there something i can do in order to use the app, at least through the browser on my phone?

thank you,

masha

Hi Maria,

Glad to help you here. Yes, as far as I know, iOS 10.0 or later supports Microsoft Teams app, so your iPhone should support Microsoft Teams theoretically. Based on your scenario, I recommend you can also try to download Microsoft Teams from this link. Besides, you are recommended to update both the iOS and App Store to be latest version if they haven't been updated, and make sure the network of your device is stable, you can select to change another network connection, such as Mobile data network or stable WiFi.  

Furthermore, Safari 11.1+ supports Microsoft Teams application, but before use Microsoft Teams via Safari 11.1+, please make sure the browser has been configured to allow third-party cookies, therefore, please check if the version of your Safari browser meets the requirement.

If the issue still exists, would you mind offering me some related screenshots for further analysis? Such as about the prompt information when you try to download Microsoft Teams from App Store, the list of compatible devices you viewed, and the error when you login to Teams via Safari on your iPhone.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi betty,

thanks a lot for your response!

here are the screenshots:

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots with me, based on your scenario, I have done more researches and consultation, and I found Microsoft Teams cannot support 32-bit iOS devices due to Xcode limitations at present. Therefore, if your iOS device is 32-bit, the suggestion for you is to upgrade your devices from iPhone 5c to latest 64-bit iOS device. I definitely understand it might be a difficult choice for you, your understanding and support is highly appreciated, have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2020 Views 3,354 Applies to: