Giving Control on Microsoft Teams

I wonder if Teams has the same function as Skype where the host can give control to a participant so they can complete a section of a document they are viewing.

If so, can anyone tell me how to do this please? I've looked, but can't see the feature.

Answer
Answer

Hello #SistaB,

The feature to give control other participants is still available in Microsoft Teams. Please see the instructions below.

The first time you share your screen or documents in Teams, you will see a sharing toolbar at the top of the screen like the screenshot below:

But the toolbar will be hidden automatically in a few seconds. You can put the mouse at the top of the screenshot, and it will display now. Click Give control button and select the name of the participant you want to give control to.

Moreover, the participants can also click Request control button on their side. Once it is approved by the presenter, they will also be able to take control.

For more details about this feature, please see Give and take control of shared content part in this article: Share content in a meeting in Teams

Regards,

Rick

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 34,109 Applies to: