I use Keepass as my password manager. I am also in the Windows insiders "slow" program. Edge has never worked properly with Keepass auto-type. The problem seems to be that when you have multiple tabs open in Edge, Keepass autotype works only with the 1st
tab. I think the reason it fails on the other tabs is that Edge adds the words "and x more pages" to the tab title when there is more than 1 tab. Keepass is looking for the tab title as it shows when there is only one tab open. I'm not sure why Edge adds the
additional words but I think it the reason that Keepass doesn't work with Edge. I might add that it works with all other browsers regardless of the number of tabs open. Of course, they don't add the extra words. Is there a reason Edge adds the extra words?
Is there another solution to this problem? As of now, I have a work around. When I want to use auto-type I open a new window. However, this is a bogus workaround that clearly shouldn't be needed
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Since Keepass is a 3rd party password manager, there could be an issue on compatibility, thus, the issue. We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit
a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are
doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.
For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video.
In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:
1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app
2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback
3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory
4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done
5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit
6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub
7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)
8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share
9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>)
We're here if you have any other queries.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.