Error code8004808a

So starting from last night I started getting this every single time I tried to save a pdf file regardless if I was editing it in Edge or Reader and this hasn't been a problem before and was wondering just whats going on as it's annoying being I use these pdf's as digital backup copies of character sheets in D&D for my group. (In case of loss, damage forgetting it etc.)

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / PDF, EPUB, and reading / Windows 10

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2020 Views 2,309 Applies to:

Hi Jonka,

For me to properly assist you with this error that you received when saving a pdf file, I would like to ask the following information to help sort out the problem:

• Before this error appeared, were there any changes or updates performed on your PC?
  • Aside from Edge and Reader, have you tried editing a pdf file using a different browser? Did you get the same error message?
  • What PDF reader are you using.

By the way, was there any description included on the error code? If yes, please take a screenshot and share it with us so we can look into it.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Jonka, 

I'm having a similar problem. 

You might be able to solve your problem by selecting 'print' and then selecting 'print to pdf' instead. 

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm trying to apply to a job. Same thing happened to me. Spend an hour filling out an application, carefully adding all the damn dates, blah blah. Finally I finished, tried to save as- same error code. Couldn't do crap with it. Couldn't save as a PDF, couldn't print, WTF? I spend 2 grand on a new Dell with Windows 10 and I can't even print a damn PDF. I'm so freaking frustrated I could SCREAM!!! I am computer literate. I've tried everything. Even communities and still can't even save a GD application to PDF. I could lose this job because I look like a complete idiot!!! "This chick is applying for a corporate job - she has a degree and she can't even save a PDF".  Lost THAT $80,000 job. Thanks a LOT Microsoft!  Losers.  Why do you have to change up your crap every year - to make more money? Why don't you just leave things the way they were? You are not making our lives any easier!!!!!!

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.