Pop-ups in Microsoft Edge

Hi there!

So, I´ve been using Microsoft Edge for about a month now, and I think it is awesome! Still, I have an ongoing problem with pop-ups. Even though I´ve set things up to block pop-ups, some sites still manage to open another tab, even though Edge quickly closes it. The problem is that when Edge closes the pop-up, it freezes a bit, and goes slow untill I close all tabs and open another one. Also, when the pop up is blocked, Edge sents a notification that goes on the bottom part of the screen like "Microsoft Edge blocked a pop-up, would you like to enable once, enable always" sort of thing and I would really like to disable it, because I don´t ever want pop-ups enabled in the first place!

Can you guys help me? Sorry for the clumsy english, not my native language :/

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2019 Views 3,079 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps block third party cookies

Step 1:
1. open Microsoft edge
2. Go to settings
3. Select advance settings
4. Under cookies select block third party cookies and press ok
Close and reopen EDGE

Run a Malware Scan

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Kindly follow the below steps to run the Microsoft safety scanner.
1.Run Microsoft safety scanner from the link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
2.Click on download now and click on Run.
3.Choose full System Scan and wait for the Scan to Complete.

Important: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan. N
Microsoft Community

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.