Microsoft edge not working - EMODEL.dll

windows 10 edge browser is not working , had upgraded to windows 10 yesterday

Every time typing url in address bar leaves a blank page and site is not shown

even not able to update default search as the add button is

Even new tab is not is not opening - but randomly opens after 10+ ctl+t - please provde fix to reinstall Microsoft edge

seeing this error in event log

Faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe, version: 11.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3853
Faulting module name: EMODEL.dll, version: 11.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af11c4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000112cb3
Faulting process id: 0x244c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cacfd889ff6d
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\microsoftedgecp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\EMODEL.dll
Report Id: f4ca02f1-202d-4243-902b-1653598f2980
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_20.10240.16384.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

Also running sfc this does not solve the issue - sfc /scannow 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

We appreciate you being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you EDGE browser is not working on Windows 10.

To make Microsoft Edge a faster, smoother browsing experience, it was designed to use the latest technologies. If the website you are trying to view uses older technologies, such as certain types of frames or ActiveX controls, it won’t display correctly in Edge.

As you have performed ‘sfc /scannow’, I suggest you to clear the browsing history and check if it helps.

1. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the browser and click on the settings option.
  2. Scroll down and you get a button choose what to clear under the clear browser data option.
  3. Click this option and you can selectively clear the cache on your browser. You can choose from browsing history, cookies, cached files, delete history etc...

If the issue still persists, you may also try to check the issue in In Private window, by clicking on the three dots and select New in Private window.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Doesn't help, and when Edge is open the CPU time is through the ceiling even though nothing will load.  If I switch to another profile it works fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It is not even loading bing.com or google.com which are simple sites also the history does not display any data 

when url is typed in the address bar url also not shown in the address bar.

Since it is not opening any site clearing browser data is not valid here.

please let know how to reinstall windows edge.

Sorry this didn't help.

this worked for me

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/edgespartan-crashes-in-10130/10ab2b0e-b5b8-4327-a965-281b0136bd1a?auth=1%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope that didn't work for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem

Since i have upgraded to windows 10 the Microsoft Edge is crushing all the time, it feels like this is not even a beta version ..

Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdge.exe, version: 11.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af15c9
Faulting module name: eModel.dll, version: 11.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af11c4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000112cb3
Faulting process id: 0x17a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d041d2d853c7
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\eModel.dll
Report Id: 55f08e62-efb0-4ee5-ab69-db2ec3165a28
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_20.10240.16384.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

unfortunately, Microsoft's Edge is also a tool  for downloading browsers :(

Sorry this didn't help.

I had exactly the same problem with MicrosoftEdge. Assuming that your network still works. The test would be to use another Browser like Chrome or even old IE (still live in Win 10). Now create another user account and login and test MSEdge. This is what happen to me. Good Luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 4 computers working with Windows 10.  The ONLY one with this same problem is the computer that was using Windows 7.  The other three computers were using Windows 8.1.  On this computer that had been on Windows 7 the Microsoft Edge starts to work then crashes with almost all sites.  I cannot even get it to open the Verizon accounts at all.  When I tried to send feedback the comment and email lines would not allow me to type normally, after three tries I had to click with the mouse before typing each letter.  I have the new Edge at home and I was able to download the Verizon email account app but not on the machine formally using Windows 7!  I have tried to reload Windows Edge but there does not seem to be a way to do this.  Finally from Windows Edge I got to Yahoo and downloaded Mozilla which works fine with all websites and downloads.  I will be changing the default browser to Mozilla which is really sad since the Microsoft Edge works so well on the other computers that were using Windows 8.1, very strange.

Sorry this didn't help.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 few days ago. at first everything seemed to be working. I accidentally deleted some registry keys. that caused Cortana to disappear. I did reset the system to the day of the upgrade. Cortana came back but it seems like everything is slowing down. Microsoft Edge icon disappeared. the program itself is on the machine, it pops out every time I ask Cortana a question. but the icon itself  is hidden. it is not in the app menu, and not even in the app list to uninstall and reinstall. What shall I do. I tried to find a way to uninstall it and reinstall it but I can't and it is not available in the app store or your website for me to download. right now the CPU is working non stop somewhere between 55-100%, the pc is heating up. and the fan is on non stop. what shall I do? to rescue my pc.

I am not a tech savvy but I can follow simple instructions.

Please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Has anyone got an answer re Edge?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2020 Views 19,770 Applies to:

Related Forums