Microsoft Edge Lastpass extension not working

My Microsoft edge browser extension for Lastpass doesn't work, seems to stay grayed out and nothing happens when I click it. I contacted the Lastpass support and they had me reset Microsoft edge through three different methods and none of them worked. They then had me uninstall and reinstall the extension and it will no longer install, when I try it gives me an error message 0x80073CF9. My laptop is an Asus E402M 14" laptop. Any help would be awesome as this is the computer I use for school and I use the edge browser because chrome seems to run slow on my laptop.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Riley,

We suggest to run the App troubleshooter to check if it will solve the issue. Please click this link.

You may also check if AUInstallAgent is missing from the windows folder. If it is missing, recreate it and restart your PC.

Tell us what would be the outcome.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I ran the trouble shooter and it said "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and it fixed that, then I checked for the AUInstallAgent folder and couldn't find it in my Windows folder so I created a folder with that exact name, then I restarted my Laptop. I am now able to install the extension but I am back to stage 1 where it is all grayed out and will not work at all, any suggestions for that?

Sorry this didn't help.

Were you able to download Microsoft Edge again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Edge has always been installed, it was the Lastpass extension that was uninstalled and would not install. The extension itself is now installed and my current issue is that the Lastpass extension is all grayed out like in the screenshot below, nothing happens when I click the icon and it does not save or fill in any usernames or passwords. Was I supposed to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Edge somehow?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked if Microsoft Edge is updated? You may also try clearing the browser data to check if it will resolve the issue. Here’s how: 

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Clear Browser Data.

If clearing the browsing data did not work, you may try to uninstall then install Microsoft Edge. 

Keep us posted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, can you post the version number in Microsoft Edge? You can find it by going to the Settings panel and scrolling to the bottom; copy-paste the "Microsoft Edge" value in a post here. Here's mine:

Sorry this didn't help.

I've already tried clearing the browsing data (I checked everything off), that was one of the things that Lastpass customer service had me do, the link below is to the three methods I tried for resetting Edge and none of them worked. The 3rd one I was unable to delete all of the folders and even my administrative permissions wouldn't allow me to. I also just tried to clear the browsing data again and it didn't work again.

Would you be able to post how I can uninstall and reinstall Edge? I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how, all the forums I run into seem to say that it is impossible since Edge is baked right into Windows 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

Sorry this didn't help.

Upon checking with your concern, we have verified that as of now, there's no way that we can uninstall Edge since it is one of the features of Windows 10. To isolate the issue, you've mentioned that you were trying to download LastPass again, where were you trying to download it? Is it from Windows store?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I am getting from the Windows store.

Sorry this didn't help.

We have checked that some are also experiencing the same issue but not exactly associated with Edge. To isolate the issue, you may try to download LastPass and connect it with a different web browser to check if the problem is within the application or Edge. If the application still doesn't work, the last option that we may provide is to contact the App developer since it's a third party application.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 9, 2020 Views 5,756 Applies to:

Related Forums