Is there a spell checker in MS Edge?

I use Twitter a lot and although it is informal communication I still try to spell correctly. I can only find Autocorrect misspelt words & Autocorrect misspelt words under: Settings, Devices, Typing. Both features are ON but I still do not get a correction on incorrect spelling.

I would rather have misspelt words highlighted only, with the option to select a correct spelling, than auto correction. I will learn nothing from Auto correction.

Microsoft Edge is not listed

* Moved from Internet Explorer

Question Info

Last updated August 4, 2019 Views 2,446 Applies to:

Hello,

Autocorrect and highlighted misspelled words are excellent productivity tools inside Windows 10, However, the option to select a correct spelling on a highlighted misspelled word is not available as of the moment.

If you wish to have misspelled words highlighted only, please turn off Autocorrect misspelled words by going to Devices, then click on Typing. On the Spelling column, switch Autocorrect misspelled words to Off.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@moderator - Thank you for the reply about "the option to select a correct spelling on a highlighted misspelled word is not available as of the moment."  This said, Edge has been out for over a year, and one would think that an autocorrect feature like IE has would be simple and easy to activate.  It is oft times frustrating to have to open a new window, and google a correct spelling of a word, and then paste it into Edge, when with IE, you can just right click and correct.  Each of the other browsers have an autocorrect; why can't the best browser out there have one as well?

Would really be cool if you could / would advise as to when that feature will be installed, via an update?  Maybe escalate, and have the developers realize that we the users want things fixed.

One other thing...fix Edge's inability to right click and view the properties / path of a web based image.

*Love the browser, but hate that I still have to go back and use IE when I REALLY need what I am after.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app
2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (It may take a while to appear).
8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response. (It will look like https://aka.ms/ link>).

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need assistance with Windows.

Sorry this didn't help.