Site not secure

When signing on to Microsoft Edge it states “This site is not secure”.   Also, when signing on to anything else, I get the same message.  How do I fix this. My date & time is correct.

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 10 / Other/Unknown

Hi Cindy,

I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Any changes made to the system that might have caused the issue?

Is this the first time you're accessing this site through Edge?

Please confirm the website you're trying to access.

If you've tried to troubleshoot prior to posting your concern here in the Community, please provide the exact steps performed as this would allow us to confirm and isolate the issue.

Moreover, you may try clearing the cache of Microsoft Edge:

Click on the ellipsis (...) > Settings > Choose what to clear button > tick Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files > click on the Clear button

Close, then re-open Edge.

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same problem and I cannot find answers no matter what I do.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have seen the same message along with - "Internet Security Alert"  Call Windows Tech support (866) 246-4836 and "Microsoft Edge Critical Error" Contact Microsoft Support (866) 368-2344.  

I have enjoyed using Edge but I am really concerned about this.  I had one yesterday and one this morning.  Have also had them before.  I frequently clear browsing history, etc..  Right now I am trying to use IE instead but with Windows 10 on here I am told it is not very efficient.  Would appreciate any help I can get. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As of 8/1/18 I have only recently experienced this problem.  I've used Edge for several years now and have a list of (national and local news, service providers, etc.) websites I read every day.  Lately I've noticed that several of the address lines show "not secure" - after years of no such indication, and this includes my bank!  I keep my Windows 10, Dell, Edge, and all other providers' system data up-to-date at all times and have made no system changes to my PC.  The only event that's occurred is the last Windows Update from last month.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We have exactly the same problem with insecure Outlook on Edge/Win10. Other forums are also logging this problem. Suggested ‘workarounds’ are either ineffective or inappropriate (& often both!). This is a Microsoft problem and needs a proper Microsoft fix. Urgently.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just now got this problem on my own ISP's website!!!  These notations are not stopping me from accessing or staying on the affected websites, but maybe that's next?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2021 Views 2,527 Applies to:

Related Forums