How do I fix "Error loading media: File could not be played"

On the website 9anime.is, it is saying "Error loading media: File could not be played". Before this at the top on the search bar the puzzle piece icon was there and under it said, "Allow Adobe Flash Player"; it gave me two choice: allow just once or always allow on this site. The first time I clicked allow just once, then I clicked always allow on this site. After I clicked the play button on one of the shows, it started loading, it stopped. It said "Error loading media: File could not be played" as well as it had a triangle with an exclamation point over the middle of the show. However, opening up in Internet explorer, the show began to play, but in Microsoft edge it will not.

Hi Joshua,

The web site sometimes won’t allow you see website contents and navigate their features if the temporary files were not cleaned up for a long time. Another reason is the site was already updated and your computer is still using their old interface. To resolve this, we recommend clearing the cache and cookies of Microsoft Edge by following the steps below:

1. Launch Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the 3 dots () on the top right corner.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Under “Clear browsing data”, click Choose what to clear.
  5. Tick the checkbox of Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, Download History, Form data.
  6. Click Clear.
  7. Wait until all data has been cleared.
  8. Re-launch Microsoft Edge.

After doing these steps, open the site again and see what happens.

Give us an update once you got a successful result.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It worked for a little while. However, now it is loading and then bringing up that text. I did the steps again and it was like "The Site says you need to have the latest version of adobe flash player", so I downloaded it; went to the site clicked play, it loads then goes back to saying "Error loading media: File could not be played".

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This browser will have chances of not able to view web contents if the operating system is outdated. This means that current versions of programs like Microsoft Edge must be aligned with the operating system also. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concern with this web browser, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
  • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
  • Do you have other web browsers? Can you check if this web site can work properly with them?
  • Have you already updated your graphics card?

We’re looking forward to your response.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I encounter the same issue often. It should not have to go through 'steps. It's 2018.  I hate Windows 10.  It should not be allowed to live.  If I could turn back time...

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I've cleared Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, Download History, Form data. And I've still got the problem.

Ahhhh! I realise now how to solve my problem -USE CHROME INSTEAD!

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 21, 2020 Views 20,526 Applies to:

Related Forums