I’m ashamed to say how many HOURS I spent on finding this solution. I couldn't find it with a Bing search or in the Microsoft Support site. I started investigating related results, and discovered the following fix while looking into the "Block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge" help screen in Microsoft Edge Support (which apparently no longer applies to Win10, BTW).
- Right-click on the Windows icon (lower-left corner of the screen), then click on Settings.
- Type "pop" or "block" into the search box on the window that comes up, and select "Block or allow pop-ups" from the suggested entries.
- Internet Properties window comes up, with the Privacy tab selected. Make sure the "Turn on Pop-Up Blocker" checkbox is checked, then click on the Settings button
- Pop-Up Blocker Settings window comes up. Add [in the "Address of website to allow" box] the URL address of the website for which you want to allow pop-ups, and click on the Add button (add more addresses if you want, in the same manner).
- Click on Close to apply the changes and close the window.
- Click on OK in the Internet Properties window to apply the changes and close the window.