Adding User Accounts in Microsoft Edge

Applies to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Introduction

The beta version of Microsoft Edge browser allows users to sign into one or more Microsoft accounts on the browser. This in turn allows data to be synced across the devices. 

If you have not got the Edge preview, and would like to test the new Edge browser, please follow this link to download a beta version: Microsoft Edge Insider build 

You can join the discussion here: Microsoft Tech Community - Microsoft Edge Insider

This article will walk you through how to add user profiles and manage user profiles on Microsoft Edge. 

Details

If your signed in Windows with your Microsoft account, then you will automatically be signed into Microsoft Edge. You will be greeted with a pop up window which will ask you how you want Edge to look like. After you have gone through this set up process, you will be left with a screen like this:

You will see your account avatar (Picture) near the web address bar. If your not signed in, this will be blank. 

Once you select this icon, located in the black box, you will see a menu like this

If you see a green circle, as shown at the bottom of my prrofile pic, this means it is syncing your data. You can add a profile by selecting the add profile option. This will bring a pop-up window

You first need to create a user name or profile name. For this I have created Test User. 

You can then choose an icon that displays near the Edge Icon on your Taskbar. 

After you have done this, select add. 

You will see a new window opening where your new account has been opened. If you select your profile picture again, you will see a sign in option as shown underneath

You will see a pop-up window asking you to select which account your wanting to add (Providing you added more accounts to Windows 10) or to add a new Microsoft account

You will then need to follow the on screen instructions. You will be asked if you want your data to be synced. If you choose this, you will see a green circle next to your avatar when you select it. If not, then you wont see it. 

I hope this article is helpful and you have learnt how to add one or more accounts to Microsoft Edge. 

Still needing help. Ask a question on the Microsoft Community

To suggest edits to this article, please comment them underneath where I can review them. 

Follow me on Twitter @SunkNath

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

Looking forward to allow AzureAD (SSO) accounts to login with working sync. Currently login is possible for work accounts on Mac version without sync - not available in Windows 10.

34 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

Thanks for your feedback.

Forum Article Info

Last updated December 2, 2020 Views 2,288 Applies to:

Related Forum