Contact Microsoft News

I did a search in Microsoft News and found information that was very disturbing.  I do not think MS News is monitoring their writers appropriately.  I like MS and have been a fan since the early days of personal computing.  I do not want their reputation to be damaged by rogue reporters and writers. How can I contact high level management of the news department about what I found?

Hi, BJBergm,

If you saw this in Bing Search Engine, click on Feedback at the bottom of the page.

Click Dislike Tab

Click the Bing Search link to the News Article

It will highlight a square around the link

Detail information you found disturbing in this article then click Submit.

This information is sent to Support for investigation.

Keep in mind that many of these news articles are fed through Bing News aggregate (news feed) and written from a third-party source. Contacting the Editor of that third-party source (i.e. Washington Post, etc..) would also be advisable. Ensure you detail the reporter's name and a link to the article if possible.

Pat

As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am a long time registered Independent.

PLEASE be fair. The obvious EXTREME anti-Trump slant is over the top!!!! The same EXTREME anti-Republican slant is also over the top!

I am NOT a fan of Trump but he and the Republicans deserve fairness.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am a long time registered Independent.

PLEASE be fair. The obvious EXTREME anti-Trump slant is over the top!!!! The same EXTREME anti-Republican slant is also over the top!

I am NOT a fan of Trump but he and the Republicans deserve fairness.

-

Use the Feedback link at the bottom of the msn page.

Don

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for responding and providing the feedback info process.  I think you all are missing the point.  There is a place for opinion in newspapers and other media.  Bing news is not that place and when I look up biographical information about a person I do not want to see bias or opinions.  I want facts and descriptive information.  This can all be presented in a good journalistic manner.  That is what I expect and that is not what I found on BING in the search I recently did.  

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You also don't understand the issue.  Doesn't anyone learn anything in school anymore?  Opinion is opinion, news is news and fact is fact.  There will be some bias in writing and it can't be helped.  But the written material I encountered in Microsoft News was not good journalism and should not have been written in the information I was searching for.  It was biased and awful.  Get smarter and go back to school.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not want to see bias or opinions.  I want facts and descriptive information.  This can all be presented in a good journalistic manner.  That is what I expect and that is not what I found on BING in the search I recently did.  

-

Advice... When I don't care for the content of a website, I don't visit that site.

Great thing about the Internet; you can find anything you want to find on the Internet. Not so great; you will find an awful lot of stuff you consider to be worthless or worse.

Don

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We understand perfectly what the issue is however, Bing News is a News Aggregator that is receiving articles from various web sources. That is why I've advised members to go to the Source of the News Article > Look for a link to contact the Editor or Reporter of said article. 

Explanation of News Aggregator:

"In computing, a news aggregator, also termed a feed aggregatorfeed readernews readerRSS reader or simply an aggregator, is client software or a web application which aggregates syndicated web content such as online newspapersblogspodcasts, and video blogs (vlogs) in one location for easy viewing. The updates distributed may include journal tables of contents, podcasts, videos, and news items." - Source: Wikipedia

Bing is not responsible for the content of the articles you see, the Publishers are. And, as Don said, "when I don't care for the content of a website I don't visit that site.

Using the Feedback link as is so often advised will also assist in obtaining better written articles from these websites.

Pat

As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can give me all the gobblygook nonsense you want to write.  I still hold Microsoft News responsible for putting extremely biased commentary in their sites being searched for factual information.  If MS news aggregates than they better start monitoring what they are aggregating and from whom.  How childish of MS to have someone state what you just stated and attempt to blame everyone but themselves for the **** info found under their search.  The info I am referring to was not under any other site such as Wikipedia or Google or any other named source. I find it quite typical of the kind of responses that young spoiled workers would give like I find from Mark Zuckerberg.  He is a great entrepreneur but extremely arrogant.  That gets companies in trouble.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You just don't get it.  
There are few major news search sites.  I want to be a Microsoft customer.  I use Yahoo and sometimes Google.  Generally I get a list of sites such as Wikepedia or other media sources.  Your data was not presented that way.  You had questions about the person I was interested in such as one about what religion the person was.  I clicked on that and found very biased statements.  This is just wrong and there was no publisher listed. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2020 Views 556 Applies to: