Bing Rebates Keeps from Resolivng URLs

I got bored one day, and decided to try looking for a certain capacity samsung ssd on the bing shopping page; ever since then, I've had these bing rebates tags on certain search results when using bing (this 4/whatever% tags next to the URL's), and when I try clicking on them, my ublock origin shows the jdoqocy tag as blocked, so I go and whitelist it, and then the website just fails to load

so I restore my computer's hosts file to its default unmodified state, try again,. and after whitelisting these redirect websites, I get to the website I need to go to (a samsung link, newegg, etc..., whichever link is affected by bing rebates).  Thing is, I didnt want bing rebates turned on, and I can't seem to find a way to turn bing rebates off on my account as I don't want that service if it hinders my attempts at visiting websites I wish to go to (even if I whitelist the redirects to my ublock origin extension)

is there a way I can turn off bing rebates, or can microsoft turn it off for me; my web browser is firefox nightly (73.0a1 2020-01-04) 64-Bit), I use the hostsman program, and ublock origin along with nano defender and a few other extensions to protect myself against malicious ads and other stuff. I do not wish to uninstall ublock origin, nano defender, or any extension/program that can protect me from malicious websites/ads, and im not getting rid of hostsman either. ALL I wish for, is to get bing rebates turned off for me, so I can visit any website link that pops up for me in bing without getting stymied by redirects like jdoqocy or whatever other one bing is making me use apparently

before this, I did not need to worry about these redirects, but now, this is making me a bit mad to be frank

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello, MuniOnp,

These are the FAQ's for Bing Rebates. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the page after you've read the FAQ section.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i wrote ms about this...they said "

If I understand your concern correctly, Bing Rebates redirected to www.jdoqocy.com <Removed backlink> and you want to remove it from your account. I know how this concerns you but I hope you don’t mind me asking, can you please provide us a screenshot of the page or the rebate that redirected you to www.jdoqocy.com. Also, the screenshot of the page where you are directed to. This information will help us on our investigation. You can attach the screenshots on your email.

" so they are aware of the click jacking because they added the code. users are not agreeing to this and we are not aware if cj or jdoqocy have any of our data we didnt consent to.... feel free to say something to ftc and if you like...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

so as to your post, I've been using firefox for ages now, its the only web browser I've been using unless there's some website breakage with firefox for certain websites; privacy badger/possum along with ublock origin/nano defender and some other extenisons can't bypass this redirect when logged into bing with my microsoft account, and this bing rebates started with firefox in the first place

I tried messaging their help centers (the bing portion of the help center first), and got told that bing help CAN'T help me, so I direct contact microsoft and they tell me to use the bing help center AGAIN, so I do, and what is the reply im given? They still can't help me even after I give them the previous case numbers associated with this problem; I've been trying for what seems ages now, to get them to opt me out and they are just dragging their heels all over the place giving me the run around and not doing what I asked them to do, getting bounced between two help centers that in the end don't want to do what I kindly asked

I wish I could get with their managers, but I feel like I'd get nowhere; all I want is to use bing while logged in so I can get those search points, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, win one of those numerous contests that happen on microsoft rewards for one flipping time

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the only way to get it to stop is to opt out of the rewards program. they automatically signed up users without consent into basically another program called rebates, if you are a ms rewards member...the rebates click jacks you and makes you go through their urls for a profit without most users knowledge and they give you some change after i guess...lol so because you were a rewards member you became a rebate member too which means you are now click jack able.... so as of right now the only way to not be click jacked is to use a different search engine or opt out of the rewards program completely.... suck right

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I temporarily unblocked the website using Ublock Origin.

As far as personal information this is what's written on their Privacy Page

Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): Information that can be linked to an identifiable individual person. This type of data includes things like full name, home address, telephone number, or email address.

Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”): Information that cannot identify an individual person, such as IP address, browser types, operating systems, domain names, access dates and times, referring website addresses, online transactions and browsing and search activity.

Information Collection: PII

We do not collect PII except as expressly provided for herein. For example, PII may be collected should a consumer contact Conversant on his/her own initiative, register with a publisher to download a mobile app, or as part of our lead generation business.

Information Collection: Non-PII

The Non-PII we collect may include, as an example, IP address, browser types, operating systems, domain names, platform type, language preference, access dates and times, referring website addresses, online transactions and browsing and search activity.

How Information is Used

We may use your Non-PII for purposes such as enhancement of our services, marketing, and to more effectively match advertisements, applications, and website content to your interests.

Sharing Your Information

We may share your information with third party service providers with whom we have contracted, our subsidiaries and affiliates, third party marketing partners, business partners and our clients and publishers, and as expressly provided for herein.

Your Choices

You may regulate the collection and use of Non-PII via the opt-out options provided herein or by uninstalling or electing not to install a web browser or mobile application.

Security

We use reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your data.

Retention

We retain online Non-PII for IBA for no more than eighteen (18) months. Aggregate reports generated from such data may be retained for a longer period, as ad delivery and reporting data.

Changes

We may change this Privacy Policy at any time by posting the revised Privacy Policy on the Site along with the date such Privacy Policy was last updated.

Contact Us

If you have any questions about this Privacy Policy, or the practices discussed herein, please contact us by clicking here.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i understand the standard cya policy, i game on xbox games i buy i give consent for my info through microsoft, none the less i chose...i was not basically given a choice to giving data to click junction. that isnt even a reputable business, and they are known for bad advertising practices...have been for years...i mean years...why is it every ad blocker blocks it? they are known to block good sites? cj is like a massive affiliate pyramid scam... the redirection of urls through bings search engine only affecting rewards members wither they give consent or not, and without being able to opt out of the rebates other than to leave a rewards program...thats not a very good business practice...beside you know what Microsoft does with your data, but do you know what cj does with it and what all do they get??? i mine as well go back to google for searches at this point. no big deal...just dont believe click jacking reward members search results in bing with out saying anything is just simply wrong and bad business...but that just my opinion

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Read the FAQ section.

A select few Members were invited to participate. It was all voluntary.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i hear you but that term is very loose... everything we do we technically is voluntary... ex. having a microsoft, google, or apple account is pure voluntary, but if you dont have them, your a linux user and use payphones and landlines. lmfao. yes i am an insider for ms and xbox, and i may have agreed unknowingly, but clearly wasnt explained that they change the urls you search through bings engine using a 3rd party to intercept my search links in which i click. tracking could have been done through cookies not altered search results.......if i click a link that says samsung.com...i wanna go to samsung.com directly, not redirected through another site.

its all good...live, learn, adapt

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I blocked the site. I cannot stand this. Its like Bing went back to the 90's for advertising school... this should be optional. I do not need yet one more site along with all of the advertising clicks getting in the middle of something.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed... a search engine should be just that, a search engine. MS has taken a leap backward for Bing. MS support has been no help to this point, should be a simple question or request, how to disable MS Rebates Beta from my Bing search results. But no... so, back to the ugly Google page for now. Bye Bing. Woot, Redbox, anything with a Rebates is hijacked in Bing!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2021 Views 1,898 Applies to: