Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended

I had got an email this morning saying that there was a problem redeeming my points for a gift card but did not get an email saying my account was suspended or why it was. Ive looked online and other people have had this problem but haven't gotten the help they needed. I would rather not have to mail a dispute letter if this cannot be sorted, but will if need be. There are multiple accounts in the household but one is used by a sibling. The other is mine but was created for my younger cousin but hasn't been used. I have, since this morning, deleted that account. If that is not the issue then I don't know what is. I looked at the reasons for my account being suspended and besides the multiple accounts issue, I have not done anything to break any other rules.
Answer
Answer
This is long overdue but I was able to get my account back after two weeks of waiting. Apparently it was the fact that there was 3 accounts with the same IP. Two were my emails and the other belonged to my brother. One of my emails was linked to my xbox account. The other was a perosnal email I let my younger cousin use for a Bing account since he saw my brother and I using it as an easy way to buy games, DLC and such. Support just deleted the second Bing account since my cousin only used it once. I didn't know that was against the rules but at least it was taking care of. I also got 500 points for the trouble...yay?

57 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2023 Views 5,858 Applies to: