Discount Dining Dollars rewards is a scam

Caution. Don't buy it. You will just be wasting your points.

First of all you can't get into DiscountDiningDollars.com until you have purchased the prize. Once you get the code, the best you will get from the restaurants are buy one get one (BOGO) free. That's not a reward, much less a prize. It's a coupon. A coupon you can get from your community paper. Plus on top of that you have to start purchasing the BOGO within 30 days and the offers expire in 1 year.

So buyers beware!

If I get a chance, I will post a screenshot of inside DDD, as described above, since DDD does not let you see the offers until you have made the purchase. I don't know if I can insert images on the reply or edit mode.

UPDATE: Thanks all for inspiring me to post a screenshot of inside DiscountDiningDollars. As you can see, there's no good deal there. At best it's a BOGO at Taco Bell, at worst it's $5 off a $25 purchase at Friendly's. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a ripoff.

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Definitely concur with your assessment.  Was given a DDD card for signing up for an electricity supplier.  This is going to go right in the garbage.  The "deals" aren't deals at all.  If I had actually spent money on this I would be very upset.  STAY AWAY - it is a total SCAM!

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your sharing. I redeemed my rewards for the $25 e-card as well. It is useless at all. Fortunately, 250 points is not that much and it is free too.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the warning I was considering spending my points on this, now I'm glad I didn't.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Caution. Don't buy it. You will just be wasting your points.

First of all you can't get into DiscountDiningDollars.com until you have purchased the prize. Once you get the code, the best you will get from the restaurants are buy one get one (BOGO) free. That's not a reward, much less a prize. It's a coupon. A coupon you can get from your community paper. Plus on top of that you have to start purchasing the BOGO within 30 days and the offers expire in 1 year.

So buyers beware!

If I get a chance, I will post a screenshot of inside DDD, as described above, since DDD does not let you see the offers until you have made the purchase. I don't know if I can insert images on the reply or edit mode.

Thanks for the heads-up! This 'deal' didn't smell right to me, so happy I 'Binged' DDD and found your comment.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just another thank you - I was searching for a list of restaurants or reviews of this website/reward, and yours was the only I found that explained what it was - and not to bother. As a single person, BOGO deals are a total waste for me.

Thanks for taking the time to warn other people.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another thank you. I set this as 'my goal' for Bing rewards. Going to edit that now. Any suggestions?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It depends on what you might want, I for one am hoarding my points for a while thinking about stacking up some gift cards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just uploaded screenshot for those interested...

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for taking the time to post it. The screenshot just further proves how DDD is pointless.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Always read the terms before clicking the Redeem link.  The website discountdiningdollars.com has a video which stipulates it is a "buy one get one free" offer.

Discount Dining

for a limited time we’re taking 50% off the $25 Discount Dining Dollars eCard.  Redeem before 07/30/2014 and you’ll enjoy this reward for only 250 credits.

Your $25 e-card provides you with access to an exclusive website with savings up to 50% on dining and the things you do everyday! Select the offers you want, in the location you desire and simply print or redeem your discounts on your smartphone.

Choose from over 70,000 participating restaurants located throughout the U.S. and Canada.  Participating restaurants include well known favorites such as Dunkin Donuts, McDonald’s, Dave & Buster’s, Friday’s Restaurants, Red Robin and Macaroni Grill just to name a few (participating brands not available in all markets).

Bonus - in addition to the wide selection of dining options enjoy savings on over 100,000 local entertainment and shopping offers. Popular categories such as Bowling, Golf, Sporting Events, Attractions, Automotive, Health and Beauty, Home and Garden, Music/Books/Videos and so much more.

For more information, visit www.discountdiningdollars.com.

^Hot Deal is good only in the 50 United States & D.C. to Bing Rewards members. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer ends at 11:59PM PST on 07/30/2014 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash.

Terms: This card must be activated within 30 days of receipt. Once activated, you have (1) year to redeem the value of this award ("Award"). Click on the above link for full terms and conditions

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 10, 2021 Views 68,356 Applies to: