How do I save Bing Maps searches for multiple locations (e.g. - a sales route)?

I have spent the past 20-30 minutes trying to find a way to save my route, and retrieve it, unsuccessfully.  I am operating with a Microsoft Surface Pro4.

Help please?!

Answer
Answer

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We’ll use the route between Denver, CO and Chicago, IL as an example (with a quick stop in Minneapolis, MN).

Here's a little information on some of the most road trip-related ones. At the left of the toolbar are the following tabs:

Directions

Pretty self-explanatory.  This is where you type in where you are and where you want to go.

My Places

This is where you go to look up different routes and places that you've saved.

Nearby

Here you can look for different nearby places of interest, under the following categories:

• See + do
  • Eat + drink
  • Shop
  • Picks for you

These search options are convenient and worth spending a few minutes figuring out.

Using The "Add Destination" Link

Bing Maps has an "add destination" link in almost exactly the same spot!

Bing goes the extra mile, though, by making huge, easy to read ABC letters to represent each location you add.

And it’s the little touches that make the difference!

The “add destination” feature is super helpful for getting a sense of how long each leg of your road trip will take.

Using The "Show Options" Link

Bing's “Show Options” link lets you toggle between displaying distances in miles and kilometers. It also lets you change your route to:

• Avoid highways
  • Avoid toll roads

These features help a lot when planning a 2-lane “no rush” road trip where you want to take your time. Bing has a few extra features under the “Show Options” link. It also lets you check the following 2 options:

Round Trip

When you select this, Bing maps a route home from your final destination

Save Your Destination History

Clicking this option saves your route to “My Places.” Dragging Purple "Route Lines" To Adjust Routes. Bing lets you click and drag the purple lines that represent your route, so that you can adjust it. Bing takes a second or two to load each time you drag the purple line. Still, it’s a useful tool to have and you can absolutely use it to plan alternate routes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Once you have your route, click "Share". This will generate a URL/link for the route. When you open the link later, it will invoke Bing Maps with that route.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 1,529 Applies to: