Why can't I create a Bing Map account with my work email?

I would like to create a mapping product for my company that utilizes Bing Maps. I would like for this map to maintained on my work email rather than a personal/alternative email address. Why can't a I create a Bing Maps account with my work address?

Hello, TJ

I am Igor, an Independent Advisor and I will be glad to help you.

Work or school accounts are usually associated with Microsoft 365 for business products and are usually managed by the same Microsoft 365 admin responsible for assigning user accounts and Office licenses to people in their organization. These business accounts has specific subscriptions to Microsoft Products.

However currently Bing Maps does not have work or school subscriptions, then you should create your Bing Map account using a personal account.

However once you have signed up with your personal Microsoft Account you can add another secondary email to receive communications:

After you sign in, provide the following information:

Email address: A contact email address for this account. Make sure this email address is monitored and kept current so that Microsoft can contact you if needed, and so you can receive important announcements. This address can be the Microsoft account you used to login to the Bing Maps Dev Center. Once your account is created, you can add additional contact names and email addresses. See Additional Contacts below for more information.

Please refer:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/getti...

Hope it clarifies your doubts.

Best Regards
Independent Advisor and Community User like you
*** Please note: I don't work for Microsoft so I don't have access to accounts and personal information

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 505 Applies to: