Shopping game rewards no longer working

There's a "game" on this page where you can (or used to be able to) earn 10 rewards points for each correct guess - scroll down and look for "shopping games", you are shown 4 products and you have to guess which one has the lowest price, a correct answer gets you 10 rewards points, or at least it used to. I believe this might only work on desktop, not mobile.

Recently, it started behaving a little differently to how it has been behaving for months, and as part of this wonderful improvement, it no longer awards rewards points, though it does still say it is.

Can someone please look into this, see what the change was that broke the awarding of rewards points? Have confirmed with two accounts that it no longer works.

I couldn't work out what product best described this issue so selected Bing, I know it will be moved to the correct area.

Hi JasonNothanks!

I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or cookies to see if it helps? You may also try accessing the game using a different browser to check whether the same issue still persists. If you have any ad blocker or other extension enabled, please try disabling them and see if it fixes the issue. Thank you.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Best Regards!
Jen :)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just played a few rounds on a PC that has NEVER played that game before, so there's nothing in the cache etc to clear with regards to that site, and upon selecting the correct answer, no rewards points are awarded though it does say that I just earned 10 points but my points do not increase.

There was always a 6 second timer that I suspect was meant to count down between rounds, but it never worked on a successful guess, only a wrong one. That is now working (someone fixed it I guess) but in the process of fixing that, they've seemingly broken the awarding of points upon a successful guess. This cannot be co-incidental, one thing fixed, another breaks. In my experience, this is not uncommon, particularly if changes aren't tested properly or at all.

No ad blockers or anything else, used to work perfectly in both chrome on edge on my other PC, using edge on this one for the first time ever and it isn't working here either. Other people that play are probably just assuming it still works, they haven't yet noticed it isn't but sooner or later they will...

I promise you, it's broken. Was QA for software dev for nearly 10 years, I don't make stuff up and I notice when things don't work.

Hopefully someone can take a look, confirm it's not working and organize a fix.

Thanks.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JasonNothanks,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid this community is just a user-to-user support forum and we don't work for Microsoft. I highly recommend submitting this feedback to Microsoft Rewards Support via the link below to ensure that it reaches the appropriate team and hopefully they'll be able to fix this issue soon. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequ...

Kind Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

None of this will work. I reinstalled Wndows and that didn't work. I bought a new computer and that didn't work. I tried Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and even Netscape Navigator. Same result on PC, mobile device, XBOX Series X with edge browser, and even Xbox one. I also tried on Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, and 3.1. Mutiple Linux operating sytem did load the game, but i coud not log in. I did NOT try DOS because I could not find a text based browser that supported HTML5. Can you think of anything else I can try? Thanks.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i'm having sort of the same issue. it's been a bit weird and now it's not there anymore

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

why u stopped this shopping points could u please tell me the reason

could me please tell me when it will work again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i want microsoft coins more

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 1,900 Applies to: