My business is not showing up in Bing searches

I added and verified my business in biz places on bing. I have a new floral shop in Columbus Grove, Ohio that I want to show up in searches for that area. I have searched "flowers columbus grove ohio" and "florist columbus grove ohio" for over a week after verifying my biz and it still does not show up in searches. What do I need to do to get this fixed? 
Answer
Answer
Getting results after submitting your business' web site takes time. If you can track the traffic that arrives at your site through statistics provided by your web host company, you can keep an eye out for the Bing web crawling robot (aka BingBot) that examines submitted sites for search relevancy and ranking. If you have doubts that the 'bot is authentic, use the Verify Bingbot tools on the 'bot's IP address. A properly configured robots.txt file located in the root of your web site helps legitimate crawlers index your site's pages the way you want them to.

Bing also has a set of Webmaster Tools that can help you improve your site's ranking. Click through the following link for more information.

Search Engine Optimization (aka SEO) is an art and search engines change the algorithms they use to rank sites all the time. One constant feature that helps improve ranking is the addition of cross-links to other sites that are linked back to yours in return. If you implement these, remember to always open the click-through site in a new tab or window so your own site remains in the user's browser.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 3,353 Applies to: