How do I save directions to My Places using Bing Maps?

I don't see a "save" option anywhere, only a place to save "places" (pushpin).
Please help me.  I was delighted to find the software, but now I'm seeing that it's not as "friendly" as I hoped.
Thanks.
Answer
Answer

Hi Sx2,

Thank you for the kind response.

In order to sign in on Maps and go to My Places, please click this link.

On the Bing Maps page, please click sign in on the upper-right hand portion of the page and log in using your Microsoft Email Address. If you're already signed in, go ahead and click My Places located on the left-hand portion of the page alongside Directions and Nearby.

Upon clicking the My Places link, a pop-up box will appear on the right side of the page which serves as the editor for My Places.

In order to save a new entry (including your direction) in My Places you may follow the following steps below:

· You must be signed in to Bing using your email address.

· Click Directions and fill the A box for your starting point and B for your destination.

· Click GO.

· When the direction appears on the left panel, right click on either point A or point B in the maps.

· Click Add a Pushpin.

· The Edit Properties of the Pushpin will pop up.

· Choose on which Folder in My places you want to save.

· Add a Title

· Copy the URL in the address bar of Internet Explorer and paste it in More information URL box.

· Click Save.

To retrieve your saved Direction do the following steps:

· In My Places, Click the folder that you saved your direction into.

· Click the Title.

· A gray box will pop up.

· Click more info.

· The saved direction will pop up including the instructions on how to get from one point to another.

We hope this is what you’re looking for, otherwise, the Bing Community is open for your next update to us. We are here to help.

Have a great day!

Thanks!

-Vic

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi Sx2,

Good day! Welcome to the Bing Community.

First off, you need to sign-in to your Microsoft Account to be able to save directions to My Places. Once you sign-in and saved an item from the result list, Bing Maps pins the item and saves it to My Places.

To save directions/places, click the My Places icon to open your places. In the left pane, click New list, and then add information about your list and save it.

For any search result that’s listed in the left pane, click Save to add it your places. You can also save pushpins that you add or an object that you draw on the map.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks!

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 9,616 Applies to: