How do I personalize the Bing.com home page to show a NYSE ETF instead of the Amex stock with the same ticker?

The Bing Rewards program has recently motivated me to switch from Google to Bing as my default search.  One of the things I like is to see what I want with out having to search or click a link.  I've noticed that for some ticker symbols, I get an option in the search result that reads "Manage how you track this Interest" which will let me add two symbols to the Bing.com search page that I can see before even typing a search.  However, I can't seem to find a way to get the IGI ETF traded on the NYSE saved.  All I can seem to get is the Amex stock with that same symbol.  MSN Money will show me a quote for that ETF, but after trying a dozen different ways to search for the Western Asset Investment Grade Defined Opportunity Trust Inc. ETF with NYSE ticker IGI I never get the option to track this interest.

1. How can I personalize my interests to include the IGI ETF traded on the NYSE?
  2. Is there any way to change the number of interests in each category?  I'd like more stocks, and no entertainment or sports news.
  3. Is there any way to structure my search for "IGI" to get the little quote box that tells me the current price for the IGI I want?
Answer
Answer

I found a solution for part 1 of my question.  If I manage my interest for a symbol that does work, it takes me to a page that did allow me to pick from a list of similar ticker symbols: https://www.bing.com/profile/interests/interestlist by clicking on "My Interests" and then "Add interest".

That search will show me the same symbol on multiple exchanges, and let me pick the one I want.  I tried entering a few bond CUSIP identifiers, but they don't seem to be supported.  That would be a nice feature to add.  However, when I click the link box that is generated on the Bing home page it takes me to the Amex IGI, not the one I want.  Looks like a bug to me!!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you wish to change the number of interest in each category.

I would like to thank you bringing this to our notice. Even I tried to create that but was unable to do it.

Please provide us the feedback by visiting www.msn.com

Scroll down the page at the end you will see the feedback option.

Please let us know if you face any issue with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2023 Views 401 Applies to: