How do I disable the new Bing AI chat??

Can someone help me? I desperately want this new Bing AI chat to go away permanently. I have looked around, but all I saw was instructions for Windows 11 under windows permission. I am running Windows 10, & I don't see such option on mine, I am really upset that Microsoft would allow such things be installed in my PC when my windows updates, I wish I could opt out on any of their Bing stuff altogether because I absolutely hate Bing!

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there! I hope you are well. My name is, Zadee. I'll try my best to help you today.

If you want to remove the Bing icon that shows on your MS Edge, you can do that by clicking the 3 dots (upper right of edge) > Settings > Sidebars > Click Discover > Turn OFF Show Discover.

On the taskbar search box, the workaround is to disable the search highlight. You can do that by right-clicking on your Tasbar > News and interests > Uncheck Show highlights.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards.
----
Zadee C.

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's actually a pop up dialog box at the bottom right corner tray of the screen. I didn't even have Edge opened (I almost never use it). I think it showed a skype icon underneath the bing AI icon on top of the chat bar, and it beeped when it showed up all of a sudden without me initiating anything & just continued on chatting until it realized I tried to search how to get rid of it. Do I need to uninstall Skype or even Edge? Because I will do so if that means I can rid of it forever. I don't want it taking residency in my PC, or eating at my memory or space. I also do not want it to spy or monitor my activities. I absolutely want no part in Microsoft trying to catch up in the AI technology. I value my privacy & my time above anything, and they can never buy my consent for this. I consider this an invasion of my privacy.

117 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's skype, Microsoft integrated Bing AI in there as well and there are multiple users experiencing issues getting rid of it from the app.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/...

You can what they have performed as an attempt to block the AI but if that does not work for you as well, and if Skype is of no use to you. You can go ahead and uninstall it and maybe just reinstall it back until Microsoft fixes this bug.
----
Zadee C.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, I will try that. And I will uninstall Skype if that chat Bing AI pops up again. I hope Microsoft learns to appreciate the user's privacy. It's one thing to create an account and interact with the AI willingly like in chat GPT, but it's a completely different thing to actually load it into multiple apps inside each user's machine without consent. I'm sure that i am not alone in this regard.

Thank you.

85 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are most welcome. It's hard not to agree with what you said. I'm sure other users share the same concern as you do and perhaps already sent feedback to the hub. Your voice can be heard too by writing directly to Microsoft using the Feedback Hub app. Here's a guide below on how you can do that.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

Have a blessed day/evening.

DISCLAIMER / NOTE:
MS community is a user-to-user forum. We do not work for Microsoft. We are also Windows users just like you. We try our best to provide info by doing research to help the community. Thank you for your understanding.
----
Zadee C.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not want to disable the AI search, but I am tired of seeing the suggestion box below. It gets very old seeing a suggestion about preparing a dinner party for 6. How do I remove the suggestion box and keep the AI search feature?

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Zadee C.

THANK YOU!!!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why force this upon users and make some ridiculous way to remove it?? No wonder why people hate Microshill these days!!

65 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I have this annoying chat box coming out of Microsoft edge and I don't use Skype. In Microsoft rewards it is the first item on the list to earn some points. So it is not a bug, it is Microsoft want people to use this instead of writing on the browser. There are lots of people complaining about this. I have tried some things advised from the internet but it is always appearing. I used regularly Microsoft edge to browser but since this annoying chatting box appeared I moved to google. I come from time to time edge but the chatting box keeps appearing. So the best solution that I have so far is moving from browser.

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How can I remove the Bing bot thing? whenever I do a search a box comes up with a reply from the Bing AI Chat bot. I just went through and disabled it through Bing.com but it didn't go away for my regular search. It is quite irritating not being able to find coherent answers about this specifically.

For example, the OP's question was for the AI bot, and you replied with a different answer (unless I misread lol). Although it was nice to get rid of the Bing Icon that you talked about. Thank you for your help though.

(edit) It would seem I found out why it didn't work. I never saved the changes. 🫤 I apologize lol

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 24,648 Applies to: