Criminal "deindexing" by Bing?

I have seen many people talking on this forum about Bing inexplicably deindexing their web services:

It's not that Microsoft "doesn't care", it is that their company in regards to Bing is a basket case to the point of criminality.

My business was suddenly "deindexed" by Bing aka put on a spam list for some unknown reason.

I messaged the Bing team and got this message back:

"Firstly, I am happy to provide you information that our product review group succeeded in removing the block of the site. After submitting your site to be reviewed the team has decided to lift the block. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your site to be crawled indexed and serving again.   

I am unable to provide you the specifics of the block as our product review team does not share details of the block. However, I wish to help you with few links and help docs which will not only help in avoid blocks but also help you to rank better in the Bing index."

Nothing happened in regards to my site being available again in Bing; you could not type my brand name into Bing and find my site.  So I sent another request and got this response back:

"Thank you for your patience. After further review, it appears that your site ******.com did not meet the standards set by Bing the last time it was crawled. Post a re-review, we confirm that your website continues to be in violation of our Webmaster Guidelines."

I changed nothing on my site in between these two responses.

If they want to rank my site down for key phrases that is their prerogative, but to deindex a business from a brandname like it has ceased trading and recommend competitors to use instead is criminal behaviour in my opinion.

Hi johnhoward92,

Welcome to Microsoft Community
I'm Regie S. an Independent Advisor in the community

As much as we want to help with your concern and check your account, This forum is a user to user platform and we don't work with Microsoft or Bing

I believed the best option is to contacting Bing Team via the webmaster tool or in this link https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft...

Thank you for your understanding,
Best Regards,
Regie S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

John

I have the same problem. My site has been deindexed for 93 days so far. Bing are glacially slow at responding and then say "I do not comply with guidelines" but won't say why. I have always used Ryte as a quality check and have signed up to SEMrush in an attempt to find a problem. I even hired an SEO consultant who could not find a problem.

Bing webmaster tools live URL checker even says all my pages are good to index. It does not report what the problem is so is next to useless.

Suspiciously after I reported this a Bing PPC salesperson contacted me and when I told them my problem they promised to get this fixed if I sign up to PPC.

Is Bing sabotaging company indexing to force companies into PPC. I for one will never sign up to Bing PPC as I suspect this is a giant fraud.

The other possibility is they are corporately incompetent. Either way they are "the evil empire"

Mark C

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At least you got block removed. Good news

I get default email no good for nothing.

My site

http://westcoastseaweed.com/seabean/recipes.htm

comes up as usual under misspellings but not actually what the site is called.

Been on the web 25 years this page indexed 20 years back. and has come up for Keywords  "Sea Asparagus" 20 years .

Now just mis spell is to find it . LOL   

we're on google as normal

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mark,

Interesting point about the PPC, I'll have to check if Bing contacted me about paying for clicks before they delisted my service.

If it's cheap I might pay to rank for my brand name, just so users know the site is still online if they use Bing – that'll give me an opportunity to confront Bing and ask if they think it is legit behaviour to make websites pay to rank for their own brand name or delist them entirely.

If they come up with some reason why it is fair to do this I will be astonished.

Bing + Yahoo + Duckduck was only about 8% of total traffic to my site but losing 1000+ users a day did sting a bit. It's that users can't find my site at all when they are trying to which is unacceptable.

John

I am really me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 28, 2022 Views 359 Applies to: